Act 24: On The Way To Zomburbia

Aster's POV

A week and 3 days later, a new day arrived, Aster and her group resumed their travels to Zomburbia.

Most of the travel have been peaceful, some encounters with zombies but managed to move on. I can't believe how time flies, I felt it was yesterday since we left. But the quicker we've been doing our ways to survive and help Tempest, Xeno and Cadmus how me and my siblings live in the wild, the more we make the traveling progress. 10 days have been completed and we found ourselves in a forest.

"So this is how you three survive?" Tempest asked.

"Yep, we've been out here for 20 worth years" I answered my girlfriend while looking at the map.

"Besides, who would reject this nature?" I saw Noah hanging over some vines as if it was a couch.

"I regret saying all those things.." Cadmus sigh.

"You better" Noah chimed.

"At least there is no mud...fucking finally!" Coral snorted.

"Whatever, waking beauty salon" Xeno said sarcastically.

"Says one-eye!" Coral scoffed.

"Are you both done?"

Coral and Xeno looked at all of us embarrassed "sorry..."

I rolled my eyes and continued to look at the map. The crows were cawing and making an awful lot of noise. It's daytime, why are there crows here?! I saw Noah dashed at them, scaring them away for a minute before they tried coming back.  He refused to let them get near, at this point we need Cadmus as our scarecrow. We couldn't see Plantown and Zomville anymore, and guess the zombies didn't find out so that's good at least? We traveled through the forest, I was leading them to see if the forest had a ending. I knew where we're going, we just need to follow the light and the breeze...and what was a better place than cross the forest? And best of all, hunting snacks.

I decided that it was best to catch a vole and eat it, so we would at least have our stomach full, even last night we ate yet ANOTHER huge ass hare we just caught. I heard a rustle in one of the bushes that was in front of me. I closed the map for a moment and checked the wind direction to make sure that I was downwind from the vole. I got my cleaver out and put myself into a hunting crouch and pounced, holding onto the vole with my hands and then gave it a quick slash to the back of the neck with the pointy part of the cleaver, killing it. I lifted my head and smirked.

"Not a bad catch" I heard Cadmus say to me.

"Want me to teach you?" I asked.

"Erm...I dunno, I might scare the animal away" Cadmus looked unsure.

"If your quiet enough they won't run away!" I smiled.

Cadmus let out a sigh "Alright then."

The others seemed to hunt for something aswell. Cadmus and I walked arpund and spotted the next prey: a rabbit. Cadmus got into a hunting crouch while staring at the rabbit. I kept telling him some advice so he can get it. Suddenly, he leaped! And killed the rabbit in one bite. I walked out of the hiding spot and approached him.

"That was amazing!" I smiled.

"Heh, maybe I was wrong being cruel to you, I must say, I'm impress you managed to survive out here" Cadmus spoke.

"Yeah, it's how we lived before" I said.

"Maybe I should show you some fight moves" Cadmus admitted.

"Oh? Which one?" I asked.

Cadmus stood a few lengths in front of me "Now have you seen this move?"

I looked behind me for a moment and when he looked back to Cadmus, he wasn't there. I panicked a bit, and turned my head slightly to look behind me, only to see Cadmus lunge towards me and trip me to the floor.