Chapter 14: Muddled

Gabriel is still not here

Gabriel is still not here. I shifted on my seat for the nth time in the stretch. Early morning, I fixed an appointment and ran here to him.
And why is that so?
Because I wanted to meet my shadower. I did a mistake. I should have never contacted Gabriel. I should have never handed him over to them.
I committed a sin. Although he flipped my life upside down, he caused a big turmoil in my life. Be harassed me. But on the other hand, I found peace in that stranger. He was like my perfect home.
I don’t know, I never realized when the air shifted in between us.
He loved me, he was capable enough to quench my thirst. The love I have been searching now for years.

I will meet him again today, and will coax him. To leave with me. I will take back the case.

‘But what if he turned out to be some psycho killer?’

My inner voice threw gallons of cold water on my sky touching dreams.
Shaking those thoughts off, I straightened myself.
He will never do that. He had millions of chances in his hand, but he never harmed me. He will not harm me in future too.
But why am I siding my stalker. The man who forced himself on me?
Am I obsessed with this man? The same way he is?
Yes..
I am. And i am not ashamed of it.

I looked down at my wrist watch for one more time. Why is he not here yet?

“To what do I owe this beautiful lady a visit?”

The door swung open and Gabriel popped out in sight. My heart rate calmed down a little. At least now I am closer to the moment when I will be able to see him.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning Miss Hatchett. Please have a seat.”

Gabriel ensconced himself opposite to me, while I twiddled my fingers. I don’t know, how to come up with the topic.

“Don’t tell me you came here to make some progress in our relationship.”

A mischievous smile played on the thin lips of the classy British man sitting across me.
How confident of him. I will throw money on his face and take my man out of here.

“Actually a different cause. I want to meet him.”

“Him?”

He questioned me, raising his left eyebrow on me. Does he really don’t know or is he pretending?
I cleared my throat before continuing.

“The man you caught last night from my home.”

“First thing first, it was my men who caught him, not me. And for the remaining part, why?”

He wants to know everything going on.

“I want to talk to him. Ask him questions.”

“Interrogation falls in our part.”

He reverted back almost immediately between breaths. I exhaled loudly enough to calm both of us down.

“Look Mr. Baron. It’s really important for me to meet him. Please. Just one last time.”

I literally begged him and his eyes burned me down. They stayed at me, his sharp black marbles like those of hawks, tried their best to inspect any loophole in me. They were burning me down, turning my existence to ashes, with his single stare.
Only after he was done with his inspection, did he nod his head in agreement. Picking up the receiver of landline placed beautifully on the corner of the table, he instructed his man to bring my shadower to the room.
But throughout the process, his eyes remained glued to me. He scrutinized down my soul. Stare, that can burn me down.

Seconds felt like an hour, and finally my lover was in the same room as my future husband. He still had his last night hoodie on himself, hiding oneself. Same height, same physic, same clothes, but I just don’t know why, I felt something was off. I was not able to put my finger on that particular point.
Taking small steps, I approached him, and took his hoodie off his head. And there he is. This is what it took me to steal a glimpse of his’.
Nothing extraordinary we had in him. Forest green eyes, blond hairs, thick lips, fair skin.
He felt different, different from what I had imagined him to be.
I kept looking at him, so did he. But the intensity was nothing compared to last night. Even when I was not able to look at his eyes, last night it felt something else.
I ran my finger tips from his forehead to bridge of his nose, proceeded towards his full lips and before I can touch his chin, someone pulled me from behind.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?”

Gabriel’s eyes, which as far as I have seen remained calm, was not so today. Today he had a fully fledged sea storm emerging within them.
His fingers tightened around my wrist beyond my tolerance level.

“What the hell are you  doing?”

I asked, irritated and wriggling my hand to set myself free.

Gabriel’s eyes shifted from on me to his man. Taking it as an indication, he left the room with hooded man they caught.
We were alone. Just me and Gabriel alone in his personal confinement. And his piercing gaze were back on me, drilling hole within.

“Well I am looking at my to be wife touching some other man. That too sensually.”

“No, you got the wrong man. He is not the one.”

I shook my head. Trying to make him understand.

“Why? Because you don’t like his shape?”

His question felt some what uncanny to me.

“First thing first, it was not me who got him, but my men did.”

His clasp tightened and he took a step closer to me. Leading me to take mine backwards.

“Second thing, they caught him in front of your vary own eye. So, don’t you try to deny now.”

“No Mr. Baron. Believe me. He is not the one, you got the wrong man. He..”

“Sydney.”

Gabriel’s long cold finger on my lips and the way my name rolled out as a velvety cloak entrapping me, of his tongue, were enough to hush me down.

“Are you trying to deny me now?”

A frown deepened between my brows. What does he wants to conclude?

“Are you going to deny to marry me?”

He took few more steps towards me and I walked back, hitting the wall standing all tall behind me.

“Now that I have got him for you, will you run away from me?”

He ascended his hand holding my wrist and placed it behind me, on the wall.
My breathing took a hike and lashes fluttered. How things came to this angle?

“Mr. Baron, please maintain the required distance.”

“And why should I?”

He whispered on my ears and ran his free thumb over my lips, that trembled badly. While he was inching towards me with every passing second, my mind went numb with the proximity. I was not able to think straight.

“Aren’t we about to get married? Why should I maintain the required distance?”

His lips grazed over mine. Before he placed a soft kiss over them. Just a simple peck. At the same time, his body completely blanketed mine.
Bringing my hand in between us I put it on his hard chest. I tried to push him and tilted my face to my left, avoiding his lips and his proximity.

“Gabriel please.”

His minty breathing fanned my face, doing magic and compelling me in. I was slowly loosening.

“Please don’t.”

“Either tomorrow or today, we will. So why not today?”

With that his lips found my neck and he started to nibble and bite my skin over there. It felt beautiful. I lost myself in the honey sweet sensation.
Closing my eyes, I let my head fall back and rest on the wall.
My mind picturized last night’s event. When my shadower was pleasuring me.
And I don’t how, or why, or what my dumbass brain was thinking, but I moaned. His name.

“Gabriel.”

When realization hit me, I shot open my eyes and looked at the ceiling above my head.
What the fuck is wrong with me? Wasn’t I crying seconds ago for have fallen for a faceless man and now moaning some other man’s name while picturizing him?
Am I so deprived of orgasms that every other man on this planet is turning me on? Or have my sex drive shot so high up and touching the skies that I am moaning for every sensation my body is feeling?
Have I finally lost it?
Lost in pool of men?

“Gabriel please.”

I pushed him once again. This time using a bit more of energy and yes, his lips were finally out of the corner of my neck.
I took a deep and long breath, where Gabriel also huffed catching his breaths.

“I think..”

I looked back in his eyes. They were burning hot like a fire. So much I wished to drown myself in those lava pool.
But at the same time, I wanted to save my dignity.

“I think we both need to calm down.”

I walked to where my purse was, and just as I was about to exit, Gabriel held me hostage from behind.

“Please honey, I know you want it.”

He whispered and once again, last night flashed in front of my eyes.
I need help. Help in fabricating words where I have to tell my to be husband that his proximity is giving me same vibes as my seducer gave me.
I closed my eyes, and unwound his hands he secured on my waist.

“I will call you later.”

Only these were the last words I was able to utter before storming out of Gabriel’s cabin and made my way back to my car.
Am I in a big trouble?
Of course I am.
I am mentally sick. I need a psychiatrist. I need Serena.

Hey my lovely readers,
I wish you all to be fine and healthy.
I hope you all like the update. Do tell me in comment section what you think of this chapter. For whom do you think Sydney fell for? A faceless man, or a handsome British man?

Thank you,
Your author,,
~Galen_Yana...♡