Chapter 18: Not As Planned

I was driving us home

Let me be more accurate, I was driving us to my grandmother’s mansion.
Perfect.
As soon I informed my grandmother about my marriage, she immediately demanded to meet love of my life.
Love..
This heavy word. Well, she is not just my love. She is my oxygen, my reason to be happy, my obsession, my fucking life she is.
My everything, not just my love.
And ever since she had kissed me from her own will, my obsession for her have turned to madness and is touching the skies. I found myself every other day standing out of her house, waiting for her. And not just waiting, but I even beg her to kiss me.
But every time she avoids my advancements, I exactly know, why she is doing this.
Because she picturizes someone else while kissing me. And now she is guilty.
She thinks that I don’t know what or to be accurate, whom she is thinking off while kissing me.
Huh, seriously darling. I know you better than yourself.
I know what keeps running at the back of your mind, I know whom you are thinking off.
I know how you imagine that bastard. That non existing bastard. Thoughts of that jerk is capable enough to make my blood boil. Of course, with jealousy.
If I would have known this ever to occur, this is how she will fall for him, I would have never..
Hah! Look where my mind got drifted to.

Anyways, long story short, my grandmother invited us for dinner. And not just me but Sydney too, and that’s where we are heading to.
But remaining in a confined space with this heavenly curve by my side and above all, keeping my hands to myself.
Lord!
It’s a pure torture.
I looked at her, at my tormentor, who was looking out at the passing trees. And guess what, I still know who she is thinking about. Still, about that shadow, whom no one have touched till date, no one knows how he looks like but she does, my to be wife knew just by mere touch that we got the wrong man.

I brushed me fingers against her cheeks, but she still didn’t looked in my direction. I think, she is done with these habits of mine of getting all touchy and cozy.

“Thinking about something, love?”

She finally blessed me with her looks. Turning her head towards me, her bore eyes penetrated mine. And only one question came in my mind.
How badly do you desire that man?

“Nothing in particular.”

She whispered.
I hairs on the back of her neck in between my fingers and closed the distance between us.

“If you wish I can occupy every corner of your mind.”

But before my lips can hit her’s, she placed her hand on my chest, and pushed me. Stopping me from moving any further.

“Gabriel, I want some time.”

I halted.
‘Time won’t heal you darling.’

I still placed a peck on her cheeks, before moving my ass back to my seat and eyes on street. My fingers tightened around the steering wheel.
How am I supposed to control myself around her? She is capable enough to bring out my inner beast. But at same time, is controlling me, not letting me touch her.