Volume 1 Chapter 4: Emerald Forest

Date: November 8, XXXX

Time: 7:10 AM

Location: Emerald Forest

'Hmm, my Schwestern are probably making their way toward the temple. I have to make sure no one spots me.'

Suddenly, the heavy cruiser would hear a faint rustling nearby. Although faint. The ship girl heard it and took a battle stance. Graf Spee's sharp claws would finally see some action. Emerging from the foliage were two Ursas. These two Grimms were big and durable at the same time. But that won't be an issue because Graf had already fought this type of Grimm.

''Jawohl, this would suffice.''

The heavy cruiser commented as the two Ursas charged forward. Gaining speed, one of the Grimm decided to launch itself at Graf Spee, which she dodged by sidestepping.

'To slow you mongrels.'

The second Grimm brandished its claws and attempted to slash at the ship girl. But the heavy cruiser would intercept the Grimm by delivering a powerful punch. Resulting in the Ursa crashing into a tree. While still open, the other Ursa charged again to inflict harm on the ship girl. Graf Spee reacted by upper-slashing the charging Grimm before punching it into a tree.

''Hmm, I hope you are not tired just yet.''

The heavy cruiser mocked at the Ursa's. In turn, one of the Grimm roared at the ship girl for inflicting damage on them. Charging forward, one of the Ursa's attacked. But the slashes wouldn't hit their mark as Graf dodged them successfully.

''Pathetic. Let me show you how to use a claw properly.''

Graf then closed the distance between her and the Grimm. Her target didn't have time to react as she slashed at the Ursa. Never had Graf Spee let out such a furious attack on any creature. Usually, she's calm and collected, but now she shows her prowesses in melee combat.

''Sterben!''

Shouted the heavy cruiser as she finished off the Ursa. Moments later, the Grimm began to dissolve and turn into dust. The ship girl would be forced to take a knee to recuperate. This made her open to the other Grimm; hearing the rustling of leaves, Graf Spee turned around.

''Scheisse!''

''Omae wa mou shindeiru."

Like lightning, a blade descended and sliced the Grimm in two. The heavy cruiser stood still as ice as she saw the silhouette of a familiar person. Sheathing her sword, the demon of the Sakura Empire approached the exhausted cruiser.

''Graf-chan, are you alright?''

''I am merely exhausted. This is the first that I have pushed myself to my limit, so exhaustion is expected.''

''Very well, we shall stay here for a little longer.''