Volume 2 Chapter 16: We Need to Talk

Date: January 27, XXXX

Time: 9:30 AM

Location: Ballroom

''I need you to pick a tablecloth?''

''Uh, aren't they both the same?''

''Ugh! I don't even know why I ask you. I should have asked Zachary instead.''

Weiss was disappointed with what her leader had to say and walked away. She walked toward Zachary to ask him which tablecloth they should use. After all, he is quite a gentleman.

''Coming through ice princess!''

''Hey!''

Passing by Weiss and Zachary. Yang and Reinhart carried enormous speakers for the sound system they would install. A loud thud followed as they placed down the speakers.

''So, have you picked out a dress yet?''

''What's the point? Who cares about the dance if Blake isn't going.''

''Oh, don't worry, she's going.''

Approaching the half-sisters. Reinhart wanted to chime in to know what caused Ruby's mood to sour. The German had heard that Blake wasn't participating in the dance, but surely that wasn't the case.

''Hello, Freundin Ruby. What's with the mood?''

''Blake's not coming to the dance.''

''And why is that?''

''She's still stressed out about the White Fang.''

''She hasn't stopped investigating?''

Ruby merely gave a nod before putting her face on the table. This was a surprise for Reinhart. He thought they were done with the White Fang after their previous engagement. It led to Uzuki being unconscious for a whole day, but luckily, there wasn't any life-threatening damage.

''Weiss! I thought we agreed. No doilies!''

''If I don't get doilies! You don't get fog machines!''

The two girls argued about each other's preferences. The door opened and entered Sun and Neptune. Both boys approached the two teams assembling the Ballroom.

''You're dance is gonna have fog machines?''

''We were thinking about it.''

''That's pretty cool.''

Responded Neptune, looking around. He saw how much the Ballroom was fashioned out for the upcoming dance. It was impressive how the two teams managed to decorate the place.