Volume 1 Chapter 10: Vol 1 Finale Part 1

Date: January 6, XXXX

Time: 8:00 AM

Location: Cafe

''So, you want to know more about me?''

''Finally, she spoke nearly two days, and you're giving nothing but small talk and weird looks.''

Blake responded, making an unamused face at the monkey Faunus, which proved the blonde Faunus's point. But Blake wasn't here to argue with the blonde Faunus, letting it go.

''Yeah, like that.''

''Sun, are you familiar with the White Fang?''

''Of course! I don't think there's a Faunus on the planet. Who hasn't heard of them? Stupid, holier-than-thou creeps use force to get whatever they want. They're a bunch of freaks. If you ask me.''

''I was once a member of the White Fang.''

The sudden revelation choked Sun in the process. Did he hear Blake correctly? She was once a member of the White Fang. The monkey Faunus stared at Blake with shock and awe. That was a surprise that Sun did not see coming.

''Wait a minute. You were a member of the White Fang?''

''That's right. I was a member for most of my life. You could almost say I was born into it. Back then, things were different in the ashes of war. The White Fang was meant to be a symbol of peace and unity between humans and the Faunus. Of course, despite being promised equality, the Faunus were subjected to discrimination and hate. Humanity still thought of us as lesser beings, so the White Fang rose as a voice of our people, and I was there.''

Blake explained, which captivated the two listeners to her story. Sun Wukong was eager to learn more about Blake's past. Meanwhile, Uzuki Sakura, or Akatsuki, was on the roof, silently listening to Blake's story. Staying out of sight but in ear, range to listen.

''I was at the front of every rally. I took part in every boycott, and I thought we were making a difference, but I was just a youthful optimist. Then, five years ago, our leaders stepped down, and a new one took his place. A new leader with a new way of thinking. Suddenly, our peaceful protests were being replaced with organized attacks. We were setting fire to shops that refused to serve us. Hijacking cargo from companies that used Faunus labor, and the worst part was it was working. We were treated like equals, but not out of respect. Out of fear.''

''So, you left and decided to no longer use your skills to aid in the White Fang's violence. Instead, you dedicated your life to becoming a huntress.''

The two Faunus immediately got their weapons ready. Looking where the voice could have originated from. But the ninja of the Sakura Empire would reveal herself to them. Landing in front of them, which startled Blake and Sun. Pointing her weapon at the newcomer, Blake was ready to combat whoever this person was.

''Who are you?''

''I am Akatsuki, a special-type destroyer.''