Volume 2 Chapter 13: Welcome to Beacon

Date: January 21, XXXX

Time: 8:00 AM

Location: Beacon Academy

On the prestigious grounds of Beacon Academy, people of all kinds roamed its campus. Humans, Faunus, and Robots! Airships from the Kingdom of Atlas docked and unloaded their complement of ground troops. Atlas's general, James Ironwood, has arrived in Vale with his exchange students and military personnel. When the Vytal festival was set to take place in Vale, the general took it upon himself to bring forth a sizeable security force for the event. But not everyone was keen on having soldiers in their academy, and doubts about what the Atlas Military was doing here are common questions.

''Ironwood certainly loves bringing his work wherever he travels.''

''Well, running an academy and a military makes him busy, but yes. Those are a bit of an eyesore.''

On the headmaster's table, his panel started to beep rapidly, informing him about someone outside his office. Tapping yes to his console. The doors to his office opened and entered General Ironwood.

''Come in.''

''Ozpin!''

''Hello, general.''

''Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long, and Glynda. It has certainly been too long since we last met.''

Groaning at the invitation to socialize with her old classmate. Glynda wanted to whip out her wand and throw the general out the window.

''Oh, James. I'll be outside.''

''Well, you haven't changed a bit.''

Taking her leave, the headmistress exited the premises and left the headmaster's to their own devices.

''So, what in the world has brought you down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students for the Vytal Festival.''

''Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year and besides with you hosting. I thought this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.''

''I can certainly appreciate quality time between friends. However, a small fleet outside my winder has me somewhat concerned.''

''Well, concern is what brought them here.''

Taking a sip of his coffee, the headmaster sighed. He didn't want to point out the obvious to his colleague.

''I understand travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.''

''Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.''

Taking another sip, Ozpin sighed. He knows what the general meant by this point. The world is at peace. Why would they worry about anything?