Volume 2 Chapter 21: Vol 2 Finale

Date: January 30, XXXX

Time: 6:15 AM

Location: Vale Airspace

''We're under attack! Mayday! Mayday!''

Behind the Bullhead, three nevermores pursued. Sending a barrage of feathers at the vehicle: the engines and hydraulic system would be damaged. The hunters onboard held tight as the Grimm attacked from behind.

''What's the status?''

''The engines and hydraulic system are damaged!''

''Damn it, can we make it to Vale?''

''Probably, sir, but with the Grimm following us, it would be close!''

''You leave those creatures to us! Just fly and get us to Vale!''

''Affirmative!''

Cocking his rifle, Specialist Shepard opened the doors and aimed the Nevermore. He fired a full burst at the pursuing Grimm, although his weapon wouldn't do much.

''Team AZUR, our objective is to lose the Grimm. Do whatever you can!''

''Understood, sir! Belfast, throw me up the roof.''

Hedding Enterprise's command, she held the arm of her master and threw her up. Performing several flips in the air. The carrier successfully landed on the roof of the Bullhead. Summoning her longbow, she pulled the string and manifested a streak of lightning.

''Owari da!''

Her arrow flew and made contact with the leading Nevermore, exploding and creating a powerful shockwave. The blast would cause the other Grimm to slow down as they recovered.

''Take this, you flying bastards!''

Pointing her weapon at the Nevermore, the heavy cruiser fired her heavy pistol. Combined with the specialists concentrating fire, the Grimm was getting slowed down. But the constant explosions and gunfire attracted more Grimm to their predicament.

''Sir! We have a Lancer Swarm in front of us!''

''Deutschland open fire on the Lancer Swarm!''

In front of the Bullhead, lancers presented their stingers as they approached the vehicle head-on. Hedding the specialist's words, Deutschland immediately took action on the incoming swarm. Pulling the trigger, she fired round after round at the Grimm.

The high explosive rounds peppered the Lancer Swarm headed their way, although not all were extinguished. Some managed to survive and were flying stinger first at the Bullhead. It didn't long for the heavy cruiser's weapon to run out of ammo.