Volume 2 Chapter 18: Field Trip

Date: January 29, XXXX

Time: 9:00 AM

Location: Headmaster Office

''They were here, Ozpin. They were here!''

''We are very much aware of that, thank you. James.''

''Fantastic, you're aware. Now, will we do something about it, or should we stay the course and continue to ignore what's in front of us?''

The general retorted, and the headmistress was taken aback by her colleague's response. But before she could retort back, a loud ding cut her off.

''Come in.''

Emerging from the elevator was Ruby Rose and Zachary Royal. Two witnesses of the infiltration that had occurred yesterday. Both hunters did their best to apprehend the unknown but failed in doing so.

''Sorry. We took so long.''

''Indeed, headmaster. It seems someone accidentally hit the buttons on the elevator on our way up here.''

''It wasn't me!

The red reaper defended herself for doing such an act. But the headmaster merely brushed it off as a child's instinct to avoid scolding. After all, he did not anticipate such an event to occur yesterday.

''Thank you for coming, Ruby and Zachary. How are the two of you feeling?''

''Okay, I guess. I'd feel better if my bad guy catching record wasn't zero for three.''

Silence ensued, and for a minute, neither side spoke. Ruby had expected something in return, but the atmosphere of the headmaster's office only radiated with seriousness.

''Okay, that's the tone we're going for, got it.''

''Headmaster, may we know the reason why we're here?''

Zachary questioned, and in return. General Ironwood approached him and placed a hand on his shoulder.

''Zachary, Ruby. I feel it's appropriate to let both of you know that I think what you did last night is what a hunter is all about. Both of you recognized a threat. You took action, and you did the very best you could.''

''I am honored by your words, general. But it is my sincere apologies for not doing enough.''

''There is no need for an apology, Zachary. The important part is that you tried you're best.''

Deep down, Zachary couldn't help but disagree with the general's answer. But, suppressed it, knowing that it was rude to decline such praise, even though he did not deserve it.

''We are glad the injuries you sustained last night weren't serious, Zachary. But now that you've rested. We were wondering if you had anything to add?''