Volume 1 Chapter 9: Stray

Date: January 5, XXXX

Time: 3:30 PM

Location: Commercial District

In the streets of Vale. Six hunters roamed the streets to explore the commercial district. Right now, Vale is preparing for the Vytal Festival. The Vytal Festival is an international festival held every two years in one of the Kingdoms of Remnant in celebration of the end of the Great War. That means foreigners from other kingdoms are visiting Vale to participate and enjoy the upcoming event.

''The Vytal Festival! Oh, this is wonderful.''

''I don't think I've seen you smile this much, Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out.''

''How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, and a tournament! The amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is breathtaking.''

Weiss responded to her friends. As they continued, the group headed toward the docks. Uzuki and Reinhart were with them, staying quiet.

''You know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.''

''Quiet you.''

''Remind me again why we're spending our afternoon visiting the docks?''

On cue, the smell of fish immediately hit their nostrils. The docks were, after all, the place of trade and fishing. So it was to be expected when they decided to come here.

''Ugh! It smells like fish!

''Come on, Freundin Ruby. It doesn't smell that bad.''

''For you, you mean.''

Ruby expressed, having the weakest nose out of everyone. Uzuki and Reinhart didn't care that much about the smell. Uzuki was used to it, and Reinhart was accustomed to the smell of oil and toxins.

''I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today, and as a representative of Beacon, I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.''

''She wants to spy on them. So she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.''

''Uh, you can't prove that.''

The ice princess countered. Unbeknownst to her, Blake heard her plans when she was taking her turn in the bath. Weiss's plan wouldn't come to fruition, of course.

''Whoa. Guys, look!''

Ruby pointed at an establishment that was recently robbed. Police tape blocked the entrance and windows of the shop. Cops and detectives riddled the establishment, looking for clues. Approaching the scene, the hunters in training wondered what could have occurred.