Chapter 41: It Took You Long Enough

Alice's POV

I stood at the end of the aisle in the dress my husband picked for me. I looked at all the decorations the beautiful white and red rose pedals all over the living leading me to the backyard to the aisle and then to him. The man that I have loved for my entire life even before I met him. The man knew me so well he had actually put together an event that was absolutely beautiful and us. My dress was a little more old timey. I reminded me of the one of my first wedding gowns. I actually remember him saying he it was his favorite. I could tell he like this one by the look on his face. I felt like I was floating as I moved toward him. I placed my hands in his.

"Darling," he whispered and I smirked. "It took you long enough." I winked at him if I cry would've. Carlisle said some words and they were gentle murmurs surrounding what was really important. Jasper ran his thumb across my knuckles as he dutifully listened to Carlisle and looked back to me.

"I know Jasper would like to say a few words," Carlisle said giving my husband the floor.

"I remember the day you came into my life Alice. I remember how your energy and you love saved me from my self-loathing. You breathed life into my bones and made me whole. I know we have done this quite a few times but I don't think I can tell you enough how much I love and adore you. You've captured me body and soul." I kissed him. I knew I wasn't supposed to but I loved when he spoke like this. He chuckled against me and gently pushed me back into place. "I think it's your turn sweetheart."

"Right Leah can tell you I had a hard time with this. I wanted to say something different but I'm being to think there aren't enough words to tell you what you mean to me Jasper. Even after all this time I am anxious and excited by your presence. You make me feel happy and loved. You are my favorite person in the whole world and I don't think that will ever change ... and since I've captured you I just want you to know you will never be released. I hope that's alright," I teased.

"I have no problems with being your prisoner." He kissed my hand. After a moment a flash of Edward and Leah ran through my head again. They were sitting at white piano her head on his shoulder.

"Tell me what to play," he asked.

I shook my head trying to clear it. This was my moment I didn't want it interrupted by a flash of the future. I glanced at Edward who was now studying me. I frowned at him ... not everything was about him. I wanted to stick my tongue at him but I knew everyone would be very confused by that.

"I know pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Japer Hale ... again. I think you know what to do Jasper," Carlisle said with a wink. Within a split second I was Jasper's arms tilted back and he was kissing me. I watched as everyone clapped. We ran down the aisle united. This was always my favorite part, escaping from the crowd with the man I loved.

When Jasper and I remerged I found Leah she was in the house. She was watching through the kitchen window. She seemed nervous about something. Jasper kissed the top of my head and ventured out into the party. I noticed that Leah had changed into a crème dress. She was watching Edward carefully as he talked to some of our past.

"They'll look at me strange. I still haven't learned how to really walk right," she explained. It may be safer for me in here.

"I don't think Edward will let that fly. He hates these things ... well he used to anyway. He seems to actually socializing with is uncharacteristic." Leah chuckled a little and nodded. There was a sadness and I wanted ask her what was wrong. I patted her shoulder.

"You should be with your husband," said quietly and remorseful. She was dismissing me. She looked in my eyes. "I want you to enjoy today everything about it was beautiful." I was about to say something but then I heard Edward on the microphone. He was sitting at the piano and the rest of this moment ran through my head like a flash.

"Leah?" Leah frowned she wanted to go but she still seems hesitant.

"Go ahead, you can't have lover boy waiting." I pushed her toward the door. She walked awkwardly but at a night pace toward Edward. Jasper wrapped his arm around my waist.

"What's going on between them?" He whispered.

"Something big," I answered with a kiss.

Edward's POV

"I don't know if everyone met Leah Clearwater, wave to everyone Leah," I said as my girlfriend looked at me as if I lost my mind. I might have but I was in a pretty good mood. This one of the first one of Alice's weddings that I actually enjoyed. Everyone I talked to was sharing their good fortunes and I wanted to show them mine as well. Leah waved and then glared at me. I patted the seat beside me the piano bench.

"Let's give Jasper and Alice a wedding gift," I whispered but the microphone was still pretty close. "Tell me what to play." My fingers wandered the keys and I glanced at Leah. She frowning at first and then she arched her eyebrow at me challenging me. I wasn't as big of an R&B fan as she was I chalked it up the age gap but music was really where are differences ended.

"Do you know?"

"I know just about everything," I said confidently.

"That is very doubtful," she muttered and the crowd chuckled. Nonetheless I started to play the song she requested I even sang for her.

I will never find another lover sweeter than you,

Sweeter than you

And I will never find another lover more precious than you

More precious than you

Girl you are close to me you're like my mother,

Close to me you're like my father,

Close to me you're like my sister,

Close to me you're like my brother

You are the only one my everything and for you this song I sing

And all my life I've prayed for someone like you

And I thank God that I, that I finally found you

All my life I've prayed for someone like you

And I hope that you feel the same way too

Yes, I pray that you do love me too

I said you're all that I'm thinking of, baby

Said, I promise to never fall in love with a stranger,

You're all I'm thinking of, I praise the Lord above,

For sending me your love, I cherish every hug,

I really love you

Leah rested her head on my shoulder and rubbed my arm while I played. I was quite pleased I knew all the words to her song and aced her little challenge. I rested my arms and she looked up at me with a little grin.

"How was that?" I asked quietly.

"Perfect," she confirmed before kissing me. Our kiss was only broken by the applause and cheers from the audience. "Marry me." She blurted out the words as we came up for air. She looked at me with eager unsure eyes. I never saw it happening this way but the words coming from her were just so beautiful. Knowing that she wanted to be my wife as much as I wanted her in the role fueled something inside of me. "Edward?"

"Yes Leah of course. It will be my pleasure to be your husband," I whispered and then kissed her again. The crowd cheered again.

"Good it took you long enough," she teased.

"Hey that's our thing!" Alice fussed but ran up and hugged us. "I'm so happy another wedding!" It was the first time that she'd said those words and I was actually excited. Leah was going to finally be my wife and my existence would be all the better for it.