Chapter 40: The Things

Alice's POV

"So how many weddings have you and Jasper had?" Rosalie had she was attempting to count on her fingers but I knew exactly how many times I had committed myself to the man of my dreams. We were lounging on the bed. I was a barrel of nerves because I didn't know what was going on or when the ceremony was going to be happening. I had a pen and pad nearby just in case I thought of something clever for my vows.

"This will be our twentieth time, I said proudly. I remembered how each ceremony was different. Jasper was really good at finding new ways to tell me he loved me, which was good because I loved being adored by him.

"Wow, I don't know if I would have it in me to do it that many times with Emmett. I love him I just don't know if need to recommit to him that many times. He knows I'll never leave him," Rose shrugged.

"I'm surprised you wouldn't want to get married a million times Rose with as much as you love getting dressed up," Leah added. She had ordered a lot of food from room service and was eating a lot even for her.

"I don't mind going to weddings for that very fact but to be the bride is not an easy feat. You're on display and you have to perform. Plus, it makes me so damned emotional," Rose fussed and Leah arched her eyebrows.

"So far I have remarried Emmett about five times and I think that's enough. It just reminds me of all the things I would want with him but could never have. I would want to house by ourselves, kids, and to grow old with him. All we have is weddings … yeah we can have those," Rose said dryly as she picked at the covers on the bed.

"You have weddings and the ability to grow old together … even if no one else knows you're old," Esme advised. "I know I have told you both this quite a few times but our coven is very lucky. We all have found soul mates that makes living for centuries pretty effortless. In all my years of living I haven't found anything better in this world than love," Esme smiled and so did I. Rose had the tendency to dwell on the negative. She's right there's a lot of things we won't get to experience but at least we had each other. Most of the time I think we aren't enough for her.

"I would only want to do it once I think," Leah mused and brought us all from our individual thoughts.

"I would want to do it and in a perfect world my mom and brother would want to be there. I would want to commit myself once in front of everyone and recommit myself to our love every day for the rest of my existence … beyond forever."

"That was really pretty can I borrow that?" I chuckled and Leah shoved my gently.

"No, it's copyrighted," she teased. "Besides you've already done it more than once so I would make sense."

"Yeah plus she may need them in the near future," Rose tease as she nudged Leah. Leah gave a half smirk a characteristic she'd stolen from our brother.

"I don't know about that. Our relationship is still young I wouldn't want Edward to rush into that with me. I … never mind," she muttered as she got up and went to the bathroom. We all looked at each other.

"Never mind?" Esme looked at me for clarity. It was my turn to shrug. Leah was unnecessarily insecure about her relationship with Edward. She constantly wanted to compare to his feelings for Bella but she and Bella are two different people. Edward's feeling for Leah are different … they're stronger. A buzzing from the nightstand drew my attention from my thoughts. Leah's phone had gone off for the sixth time tonight. My poor whipped brother was really missing his girlfriend.

"Hello, Leah's phone this is the bride speaking why are you bothering us," I answered. I heard him groan annoyed.

"Hello Alice, where's Leah?"