Chapter 35: This Bella Thing

Edward's POV

I loved the fact that Leah no longer requires sleep. The days and nights just blended together because our conversations seemed to flow even better than before. She still had that something that excited me and relaxed me at the same time. There was only one thing that we weren't united on right now and that was the Bella situation. I looked down at my girlfriend whose head was resting on my chest as if she were listening to my nonexistent heartbeat. Everyone else had gone hunting so we had the house to ourselves. We were stretched out on the couch in the living one of her legs was placed strategically between mine. We'd just finished arguing about the Bella thing. I didn't want to meddle and she felt she owed it to Bella to at least look into her request. It was crazy how we could fuss at each other and still be so connected physically.

"You don't feel Jacob is right for her so why push the man into a relationship doomed to fail," I murmured before kissing her forehead. She looked up at me with a frown on her face.

"I thought we were letting this go and enjoying the peace of being alone for a change. For the past four days we've been surrounded by your family and now listen … it's peacefully quiet. So don't ruin it with this blah," she whispered before placing her lips on mine. I quickly tried to make the kiss more passionate but she pulled away. We hadn't made love since she turned into whatever she was now. She was worried that she would hurt me. I found the notion a little silly but she promised after the first week had passed and she wasn't as strong that we would. It had been four days and we had three long days to go.

"Stop it," she warned as she sat up to distance herself from me.

"Three days," I reminded her and she rolled her eyes. I decided tonight was the perfect night for a fire. I could see Leah and me making love in front of the fireplace. Normally, my family would be gone for most of the night and they'd only left an hour ago we had plenty of time to make my vision a reality.

"I agree with you. It isn't fair for Jacob to be with Bella if she doesn't really love him. She thinks she does and the only way I think she's going to figure it out is if they interact romantically," Leah shrugged. "The only way I would interfere would by having a conversation with Jake and seeing where his head at concerning Bella. I would just ask if he's even interested in giving Bella another chance if he's says no I'm done and if he says yes well then he and Bella can figure the rest out." I nodded it made sense but I still rather Leah stay out of it. "Unless you're still unsure of your feeling for Bella and you don't want her to move on?" Leah murmured so low that I barely heard her.

"No more jealousy or insecurity Leah, please! I damned near lost my mind when I thought you were dead. I don't want Bella and that's the end of the story." I pulled the throw from the couch and laid it out like a pallet for us to lie on. Leah and I curled up by the fire. I held her in my arms and she closed her eyes for a moment.

"I was worried you weren't going to like the new me. A lot of me has changed physically," Leah murmured and chuckled because I thought she was joking.

"You're not serious?" She looked at me with legitimate concern in her eyes which meant she was looking for an answer. This was an easy question that I knew I had the answer to.

"I look in the mirror and I don't see the same me," she shrugged. "I guess I'm asking if you like what you see?" I was sure I was looking at her like she was crazy.

"Leah, in three days I will show you exactly how I feel about the new you," I murmured as I pulled closer to me. "I think both versions of you are beautiful. You still have the same soul that I feel in love with. You're eyes still hold the mystery and alluring stare that captivates me. Plus, I love the fact that when I touch your skin it still gives off the buzz of energy between us." She used her hand to caress the side of my face.

"Pop rocks," she murmured.

"Exactly," I confirmed as I rubbed my nose against hers. I picked at the buttons on her shirt and slowly undid a couple of them. "I'd like to give you that feeling all over," I murmured as I ran my hand down the outside of her thigh and cupped her behind.

"Would you now?" She panted softly as I laid her on her back. Three days was just too damn long. I continued my task of undressing her because she wasn't putting up any sort of fight whatsoever. I simple cotton pale pink bra propped up two of Leah's best features I kissed all around the exposed around and caused her to moan. The tingle on my lips only heightened the taste of her skin. I slowly worked my way down her abdomen as I pulled down her grey leggings and panties at the same time.

"I want to kiss every single inch of you a million times … starting here," I murmured before kissing her between her legs. I didn't know it was possible for desire to taste so sweet.

"Oh God Baby," she groaned as she opened her legs wider and moved against my tongue. I kissed her inner thigh and the quickly undid my pants and entered her. She felt glorious and she was so warm, not as hot as before, I would go as far as to say her temperature was perfect. She was now even more perfect for me.

"God Leah," I hissed through clenched teeth. I wanted to be slow and revel in our connection but the monstrous side of me was eager for a release. "You feel so good," I managed to say before she leaned up and kissed me. We moved together fluidly and it felt like time froze and allowed us this moment. Leah finally broke our kiss by screaming my name and her confession of love for me. I buried my face in her bosom and listened to her faint heartbeat regulate.

"So are you still worried?" I muttered and her laughter shook us. "I'd be more than happy to try and convince you again."

"God Edward, you're so smug … but yeah I do think I need more convincing," she said as she wrapped her legs back around me and our love making started all over again.