Chapter 9

ZWIDE: Ma?Ubaba Ukhuluma ngan? (Ma? What is dad talking about? )

HLENGIWE: Bhekisizwe please,can we just talk about this first.

BHEKISIZWE: Talk about what? Just tell him.

ZWIDE: Tell me what?

HLENGIWE: Godongwana, ngani ya ka ma. Bhekisizwe is not your father.

ZWIDE:Angizwa?

HLENGIWE: Can we please go talk somewhere private?

NKOSANA: Sonke la si .....(everyone here is)

NKULULEKO: Au thule wena. Thula nje! Ma ,what what you mean Godongwana is not babas son?( just shut up!)

HLENGIWE: Bengisa cela ukukhuluma nawe Godongwana.  This is not how I wanted you to find out kodwa Bheki just... (could I please talk to you .)

NKOSANA: Don't blame dad ma!

I can't say I'm surprised that Bheki is not my father ,I barely look like the man. I'm just shocked as to why my mother didn't tell me sooner.

The guilt on my mother's face was heartbreaking.
If Bheki isn't my father then who is.

ZWIDE: Ndlovukasi, if he isn't father...then who is?
My mother looked at Bheki, almost like she wanted reassurance on whether to tell me or not.

BHEKI:Tell the boy.
My mother looked back at me .

HLENGIWE: Ntsika is your father.

ZANA:Umalume Ntsika?!(Uncle Ntsika?!)

ZWIDE: Ma ...you slept with Ntsika?

BHEKI: Then came you.
My mother could've picked anyone, literally anyone to fuck around with kodwa a khetha the brother to my siblings father....... Now this ,this is why I never come home.

ZWIDE: I've lost my appetite.
I got up from the dinner table and left.

HLENGIWE: Godongwana! Ngan ka ma ,buya .
I walked out the door and to my car.

HLENGIWE: You are the rightful heir to the throne!

Impossible. We all know that the first born child is the one next in line to be king.

ZWIDE: Fuck the throne ma, uNkosana umshiya kuphi?(where do you leave Nkosana?)

HLENGIWE: Ntsika is the first born between him and Bheki and since all has is daughters ,it now placed your father in the position to choose from his sons....but you Godongwana, you are Ntsikas first born son. You should lead the people not Nkosana.

ZWIDE: Ma I have a life ,you can't just ....turn that shit upside down.

HLENGIWE: Take your place as king Godongwana otherwise the fate of our people....

ZWIDE: Oh ma don't give me that prophecy bullshit. Whether I sit on that throne or Nkosana does ,it makes no difference.

HLENGIWE: Kulungile ke. Hamba Godongwana and watch as the home you remember fall to its ruins. (It's fine then. Leave)

She walked away and left me conflicted. My entire life I've lived in my brother's shadow, I was always told that being second place was where I belonged now I'm told Bheki isn't even my father.

INCOMING CALL FROM NALEDI:

NALEDI: My love.

ZWIDE: Sthandwa sami.

NALEDI: How's your business trip going. You said you'll call me when you arrive but dololo.

ZWIDE:Uhmm ngiyaxolisa Mama ,it's been hectic this side.

NALEDI: Hmm okay...sooo did you meeting the investor go?

ZWIDE: The investor?

NALEDI: Yes the investor..

ZWIDE:For what?

NALEDI: The upcoming mining project you're working on. The one you left me for.
Shit

ZWIDE: Oh yeah ...uhmm I met the guy,everything seems to be coming along well.

NALEDI: Okay ..call me before you go to bed neh.

ZWIDE:Wa ze wa ba ingane Naledi. I'll call you sthandwa sam.

NALEDI: Shap. I love you.

ZWIDE:I love you more.

Okay I may have lied to Naledi about where I was going but imagine I told her I was going home to my royal family. My crazy ass told her I was an orphan for God's sake!

I just need to figure out how to tell her that I'm a prince without driving her crazy.