Chapter 26

This morning I went to the doctor to get an ultrasound and my baby boy is super big and healthy. Mpho was asking of if I had any names in mind....and I didn't. Karabelo suggested we call him Karabelo Jnr but I told him that's what he'll call his own child. The damage negotiations with Nandi went well actually. I even went with her to the doctor.

ONA:We need to treat ourselves guys,we've been grinding hard at work for past couple of weeks.
I heard from the kitchen.

NALEDI: You're right shem,we need something like a young vacation. Ooooh.
I said as I felt a big kick in my belly.

ONA:Is the soccer player at it again?

NALEDI: Unfortunately.
Little baby has been kicking like never before,playing around and having fun ,while I have to suffer the consequences.

KATLEHO:I have a name guys!

NALEDI: Go ahead.

KATLEHO: Omphile...

NALEDI: Nah,it doesn't really resonate with me.
I said sipping my cup of tea.

ONA:How about Keitumetse.

NALEDI: I want something unique guys, something that represents his roots.

ONA:So basically a Zulu name.

NALEDI: I don't know.

ONA:Mauritius!
She yelled.

NALEDI: Yes! I agree one hundred percent!

ONA:Plus girl ,it's almost the end of the month, which means.....

KATLEHO: Mulaaaaa!
I shook my head and laughed.

The 3 of us planned an entire trip and we decided that Mpho,Karabelo and Nandi should tag along. I booked plane tickets and off to Mauritius we went!

MPHO:I can't believe I'm actually in Mauritius aus'Naledi!
She squealed giving me a big hug.

MPHO: Believe baby girl!
At that my phone rang.

NALEDI: Hello.

...:Hi Naledi.
It's a woman

NALEDI: Who's this?

.....:It's me ,Nkosazana.
What does she want ?

NALEDI: What do you want?

ZANA: Naledi you need to come home urgently!
I scoffed.

NALEDI: Home where?

ZANA: La eMandandwe. It's not safe for you out there . Please listen to me!

NALEDI: I'm done with you and your fucking family Nkosazana. Go to hell for all I care.
I hung up the call and Karabelo was looking right at me.

KARABELO: Is everything okay?

NALEDI: Yeah! Let's go.
We made it to the beach and it was utterly beautiful. Our hotel rooms were nothing like I've seen before. Food was amazing!

MPHO: Best vacation ever!
She yelled as I bought her ,her 5th slushy of the day.

ONA: Come on guys, we're going to be late for dinner.
We got all dressed up and went down for dinner.
A waiter escorted us to our table.

...:Good evening. My name in Jacob and I'll be serving you tonight.

MPHO:Hi Mr Jacob ,are there any like specials or combos of the night maybe?
Yohh this girl.

JACOB: If fact there are a few.  Firstly we had the sushi gourmet platter ,with an all you can eat coupon. Then we have the Ranch experience, with about six variations of meat all in one...and for dessert we have our special in house waffle cake.

MPHO: Aus'Naledi what do you think I should get?

NALEDI: I don't know Mpho,what do you want?

JACOB: I can give you a couple of minutes to decide while I get the drink ready.

MPHO:Cool can I have the cream soda float.

NALEDI: I'll have a virgin Mojito.
Everybody else gave in their orders and about a couple of minutes later he brought the drinks back.

JACOB: Is everybody ready to order?

NALEDI:Yes please, I'll have your smash burger with double cheese fries..a stack of ribs and and two hand fulls of onion rings...with salmon sushi ,without the Wasabi...oh and a bottle of water please.

KARABELO: Damn aus'Naledi..

NALEDI: Ai I'm eating for two,you seem to forget.

JACOB: Coming right up.
After we all placed our orders, conversations on naming my son sparked all over...

NALEDI: How about you guys leave the naming to me.
We ate dinner and my siblings wanted to go to the arcade and I let them.

KATLEHO: Naledi,it's getting late . I'm going to fetch Karabelo and Mpho.

NALEDI: Okay cool no problem.
He left the room for what felt like 10 minutes. The arcade isn't too far from our room. Ai I'm getting worried now,none of them are responding to my texts or answering my calls.

I wore my robe and headed to the lobby and I immediately saw paramedics rushing everywhere.
Damn ,looks like someone got hurt.

From the corner of my eye Jacob saw me and rushed to me.

JACOB: Uhmm Miss I don't think you should be here right now.

NALEDI:Oh I was about to leave ,I'm just waiting for my siblings...
The paramedics pulled out two beds....Katleho was covered in blood crying holding the dead bodies...

What's happening?
I ran to him but he pushed me away ...no!

NALEDI: Mpho le Karabelo ba kae?
He couldn't even look at me. One of the paramedic doctors pulled the cover one of the bodies and it was Karabelo! I fell to my knees , I couldn't believe it.

Katleho pulled me in for a hug covering my sight. Tears couldn't even fall anymore...they were dead.
A paramedic can walking towards us.

PARAMEDIC: Are you their family?

NALEDI: Yes.
I whispered.

PARAMEDIC: We found this note in the boys pocket.
I slowly took the note and read it.

FROM YOUR RIGHTFULL KING.

My rightful king? Zwide ....did he do this?

KATLEHO: What does it say Naledi?

NALEDI: Nothing.
Paramedics called them off as dead. Hanged and stabbed to death . I know for a fact Zwide didn't do it...Nkosana is the only goddamn person I can think off. He's dead! I'm going to kill him myself!

No one hurts my family and gets away with it.

NALEDI: Handle this situation please,I'll be back.

KATLEHO: Naledi! Where are you going?

NALEDI:To kill a motherfucker.