Chapter 2

RAVEN got up early the next morning to run his own errands. After finishing showering and changing clothes, he went downstairs to eat breakfast with his family as he was called ten minutes ago.

"Good morning, anak." Bati ng kanyang ina.

"Good morning, Ma." Raven made his way behind his mother's chair to plant a kiss on her head before proceeding to the empty seat beside her.

"Good morning, dad." Bati niya rin sa ama.

"Anak, may lakad ka?" Asked by his mom.

"Yes, ma. I'm gonna buy my requirements for school next week." Sabi niya bago ipaghain ang sarili ng pagkain.

"Can't we have that delivered, anak?"

Ngumiwi si Raven. "I want to thoroughly pick my own things, Ma."

His mom sighed, knowing how meticulous his son is when it comes to his business. "How is nursing treating you, anak? Are you enjoying it?"

Raven agreed with a slight shrug, "Yeah, I guess so. I mean, I do enjoy it, but I suppose the work is a little tiring for me. But I've always been a big fan of science, so this is definitely an experience I'll be able to apply to my passions." He continued, "And honestly, what more could I ask for? I'm learning, I'm doing something that will help people, and I'm gonna get paid for it. It's a pretty sweet deal, you know?"

"Son, as long as you're happy, I've heard that being a nursing student is hard work, and you've got a lot on your plate as the son of the president. I hope you don't get overwhelmed by it all." Raven's father's words touched a deep chord within him. The sincere concern he expressed toward his son as he tried to balance the demands of being a nursing student and the son of the president was palpable.

Raven is a second-year nursing student attending one of the most prominent medical programs in the Philippines, a prestigious institution known for its world-class education and innovative research. The program is highly competitive and selective, attracting some of the best and brightest students in the country. Despite the demanding curriculum, Raven has persevered and shown great potential in the field, setting his sights on becoming a renowned expert in his chosen specialty.

Once they were done with breakfast, Raven, along with his bodyguard, Dashwin, left the house, while his parents headed upstairs to his father's office to take care of some work related matters.

"Saan ang lakad mo ngayon, Mr. Alcazaren?" Tanong ni Dashwin na nagmamaneho ng sasakyan.

"The mall first and then the medical supplies center, and please stop calling me that. It's too formal."

Dashwin only smiled. "Pasensya na, Raven. I'm still not accustomed to calling you informally."

"Get used to it, Dash. We've been together for years. At isa pa, kapag tinatawag mo akong Mr. Alcazaren naaalala ko si Dad. It's weird." Raven stated firmly that left Dashwin to sigh in defeat.

"Mr. Alcazaren ka rin naman ah."

"Kahit na. It's still weird. At mas matanda ka kaya saakin. How old are you again?" He asked curiously.

"Grabe ka naman, Mr. Alca— I mean Raven— sa matanda. Twenty six palang ako." Pagrereklamo ni Dashwin sa binatang amo na may kunot nuo.

"You're still six years older than me. It's so weird hearing someone older address me with so much formality and respect. I mean, hindi naman ako ang presidente."

"But you're his son." Kontra ni Dashwin.

"Tsk. So? I'm a normal human being and it's not like we're royalty or whatever." Walang gana niyang usal.