Chapter 11

Raven can't believe what he's hearing. A group of terrorists, who are holding the entire school hostage, have already bombed the building and are now engaged in a shootout with security forces.

He's glad to see Dashwin, who's always been a steady and reliable friend, but the news of terrorists and hostages is too much to handle. Raven feels his heart racing with fear and uncertainty, unsure of what to do or what will happen next. He looks to his classmates, all of whom look equally shaken and terrified by the news.

"What are we going to do now, Dash?" he asks, his voice slightly quivering.

Dashwin takes a deep breath before responding, trying to keep a level head and provide some comfort. "Let's just hold out until the police arrive," he says. "I'm sure your teachers have already contacted them, and they're on their way." He tries to sound confident, but there's a glimmer of uncertainty in his voice.

Sev, who's been listening to the conversation, chimes in with a sense of dread. "Let's just hope they get to us first before the bad guys," he says.

Raven tries to diffuse his concern by saying, "Come on, Sev, don't scare everyone like that." He knows that Sev is just voicing what all of them are already thinking, but he doesn't want his fear to escalate into a full-blown panic.

Napabuntong hininga ni Sev at napayuko sa kanyang mga tuhod. "Sana alam na ni Dad ang mga nangyayari. I know he'll do something about it."

Tumango-tango si Raven habang hinahagod ang likod ni Sev, "I'm sure our parents know." Bumaling ito kay Dashwin, "Right, Dash?"

Dashwin sighed, "most likely."

The sun had already set, casting the classroom in shadows, but the sounds coming from outside were no less intimidating. The sound of police sirens could be heard in the distance, but it seemed as though they were facing difficulties as they tried to navigate their way through the school grounds without risking the lives of the students who had been taken captive by the terrorists.

The situation felt like it was stuck, with no clear resolution in sight, leaving the students feeling trapped and unsure of what their fate would be. The lack of visibility was adding to the confusion, making it difficult for the authorities to figure out their next move.

They tried using their phones but for some unknown reason they couldn't get a signal, so they're left with worry and overthinking.

Maya-maya pa ay nagulantang silang lagat sa biglang pagtunog ng kanilang school speaker. May lalaking nagsalita doon na pamilyar ang boses sa kanilang mga estudyante.

"This is A-Allan Gregorio, the University P-President." His voice was shaking, and it was clear that he was afraid.

The University President's voice echoed on the campus, causing Raven and his classmates to feel worried.

"The school has been taken hostage by a group of terrorists. Here are their demands to ensure the safety of every student and faculty staff. Number 1, they want a ransom of 50 billion pesos in cash. Number 2, It must be given by only one person. Lastly, number 3, they want a plane where they could leave without any problem. If we won't comply, they will set off the other bomb they had planted here somewhere and make sure that all of us are dead."

After that, another voice chimed in the speaker. "Alam kong barya lang sa mga magulang ng mga estudyante niyo rito ang singkwenta bilyones, kaya bibigyan lamang namin kayo ng dalawang oras. Kung hindi niyo maibibigay ang gusto namin, papatayin namin lahat ng estudyante dito!"

And with that, the speaker turned off.

The students exchanged nervous glances, unsure of what to do next. The situation felt like it was spiralling out of control, and no one was sure what their fate would be.