Chapter 16

Raven had finally been discharged from the hospital after spending three additional days undergoing further investigation. He was prescribed sleeping pills to help with his mild insomnia. When they arrived back at the Palace, all of their helpers welcomed him warmly with smiles on their faces, and Raven realized that they were being extra gentle with him probably because they knew what had happened that caused his hospitalization.

Although he felt content to be in his own room again, Raven couldn't shake the uneasy feeling that lingered within him. Raven found himself constantly on edge, his senses heightened to the point where he couldn't relax enough to feel tired. As a result, his insomnia continued, and he spent most of his time cooped up in his room alone. While Hunt occasionally came to check on him and accompany him, he often stood outside the door to give him some space and privacy.

It was one 8 PM in the evening, and Raven was sitting in the living room watching TV with Kei, who had been assigned as his bodyguard for the day since Hunt was occupied with something important earlier in the afternoon and still hadn't return to where he went.

"Weeks after the bombing at West City Private School, the full extent of the tragedy has become known. Despite the initial chaos and confusion, authorities have now completed their investigation, and the number of casualties has been released."

Kei saw how Raven's eyes wavered at the news showing in the television.

"Initial reports in the days after the bombing indicated that the death toll was in the dozens, with scores more injured. Now, final reports show that the number of fatalities is even higher than originally thought. In total, 376 students and 31 teachers lost their lives as a result of the bombing, while 1,658 others were injured and are currently in the hospital.

The cause of the explosions is still under investigation, although authorities have not ruled out the possibility of a deliberate act of terrorism. A spokesperson for the school said "We are still trying to come to terms with the horrific events that took place at our school. Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends who have lost loved ones. We are committed to supporting them in any way we can."

The investigation into the bombing is ongoing. Updates on the situation will be provided as soon as more information becomes available."

Having anticipated the news of the school bombing, Raven emotionally and mentally prepared himself to receive the tragic outcome. However, as tears began to stream down his cheeks, he realized that his efforts were not enough to shield him from the crushing guilt that came with surviving the tragedy while many others didn't.

Seven of his classmates were among the fatalities as announced in their group chat, and most of the survivors were now battling severe injuries in the hospital.

He wasn't particularly close to them since Sev is his only friend, but they were people he once worked with. They were someone who shared the same memories with him. At some point, they were someone who had the same dreams as him.

The weight of the guilt was crushing him, causing him to grip his chest in an attempt to calm himself down.

As Raven sat there in silence, lost in thought, Kei could sense his anguish and decided to do something to help.

With a gentle gesture, he reached for the TV remote and turned the channel, hoping that a change in scenery would lift Raven's spirits.

"Wow, romance." Komento ni Kei at itinigil ang paglilipat ng channel.

Umangat ng tingin si Raven habang nagpupunas ng mata. Binasa niya ang pamagat ng palabas bago bumaling kay Kei. It was a Spanish Movie.

"Through my window, you watch that kind of genre?"