Chapter 15

After informing the nurse about what had happened, Hunt watched as a team of medical professionals rushed to Raven's side to perform a check-up. Raven was placed on an IV drip and changed into a hospital gown, as doctors and nurses tended to his needs.

Relieved that Raven was able to get the medical attention he needed, Hunt let out a deep breath and stayed by his side until his young master drifted off into peaceful sleep.

When Raven awoke at 11 am the next day, he felt groggy and disoriented, no doubt due to the previous night's vomiting episode. After taking a few moments to regain his bearings, he looked around for Hunt and was immediately worried when he couldn't find him anywhere in the room.

"Hunt?" Tawag niya. Nagbabakasakali ito na baka nasa banyo lang ang lalaki, pero walang sumagot.

Feeling the effects of the previous night's events, Raven pushed aside his exhaustion and tried to get himself out of bed. Despite the cold floor beneath his feet, he managed to grab the IV stand and make his way towards the door.

Pipihitin niya na sana ang pinto nang kusa itong bumukas. Hunt walked into the room, surprised to see Raven out of bed, barefoot, and with a bewildered expression on his face.

"Cub, what happened?" He asked and closed the door behind him. "Are you okay? Where are you going?"

Upon catching sight of Hunt, Raven's face visibly relaxed, and he let out a deep sigh of relief.

"Where were you? Pag gising ko wala ka." Sabi niya, hindi pinansin ang mga tanong nito.

Nilapitan siya ni Hunt at hinawakan sa noo, "you're not sick, are you?" He asked in concern.

Umiling si Raven. "Hindi." He bit his lower lip, contemplating whether to tell Hunt what he felt or not. But after moments of thinking, he decided to say, "I was just startled to wake up alone, maybe because I expected to see you here with me..." Pagsusumbong niya sa lalaki. "I was scared for a moment, but I'm okay now, that you're here."

Raven felt a sense of confusion reign over him when he reflected on why his body had reacted so strongly to the idea of being alone. He couldn't quite put his finger on what had caused such an intense reaction, but he knew that it wasn't something he had expected or anticipated.

It was almost as if his subconscious had taken over and forced him to act in a way that he didn't fully understand or have control over.

Hunt's expression softened as Raven's words reached his ears. He could empathize with Raven's state of mind, given the circumstances he had been through, from the school to the emotional distress that resulted from last night's vomiting, since his young master suffers from emetophobia.

It made complete sense that Raven would feel uneasy and anxious when left alone.

"I'm sorry, Cub, lumabas lang ako para kunin ang delivery." Hunt held out a large bag of takeout for him to see. "I was hoping to get back before you wake up."

"Jollibee?" Raven's expression visibly brightened when he saw the bag of food in Hunt's hands.

Hunt let out a warm chuckle at Raven's enthusiastic reaction to the food and said, "C'mon, you should eat." He reached out and placed his hand firmly on Raven's shoulder, guiding both him and the IV stand back towards the bed.

Umupo si Raven sa kama at kinuha naman ni Hunt ang over-bed table para paglagyan ng pagkain sa harap nito.

"I ordered a lot." Isa-isang binuksan ni Hunt ang pagkain at nilagay sa lamesa. Naglagay din siya ng mga pinggan at kubyertos. "Eat anything you want."

Raven could feel his excitement rising upon seeing his favorite fastfood meals in one setting. The table was full with foods too many to name.

"I can't finish all these, you should help me." He tapped the bed next to him, "come."