Chapter 10

The day started off with a feeling of relief for Hunt and Raven. Hunt woke up feeling better and with no fever, and both of them saw that the heavy downpour from the night before had subsided. They quickly got dressed into their old clothes, which the hotel had helpfully dry cleaned overnight.

As they made their way towards the Palace, Raven dozed off in the passenger seat. Fortunately, Hunt was able to wake him up when they arrived, and they both stepped into the Palace together. Raven's expression instantly changed as he saw his father - the President - pacing back and forth in the living room, seeming flustered and anxious about something.

Seeing his father's unexpected behavior, Raven's brows furrowed with concern, and went to him, "What's going on, Dad?"

"Raven, good thing you're home," he said, his voice full of urgency. Without waiting for a response, he turned to Hunt and said, "Hunt, we're leaving."

Hunt immediately understood the seriousness of the situation and didn't ask any questions. Instead, he quickly saluted and said, "Yes, sir. I'll just go change, sir."

Agad kumontra si Raven. "But Dad Hunt needs to rest. May lagnat siya kagabi."

The president turned to Hunt with a look on his face as if asking if it's true.

Hunt nodded, "But I've completely recovered, sir. No need to worry."

The president's expression softened, putting a hand on Hunt's shoulder. "I'm sorry to drag you with me despite having been sick, Hunt. But it's urgent."

Umiling si Hunt, "don't apologize, sir. It's my duty to serve you."

Tumango ang presidente sa sinabi niya. "Thank you."

The president turned to Raven once more and said, "Dashwin will be in charge of you in the mean time, Raven."

It was clear that his father had a lot on his plate and that Hunt was needed for something important, but Raven couldn't help but wonder what's the urgent matter about. His father bid him farewell and Hunt glanced at him one more time before turning to change clothes in his quarters.

Raven waited for Hunt to completely disappear from his sight before making his way up to his bedroom to sleep some more.

IT HAS been three days since Raven's father and Hunt went off on an urgent matter. Since that time, Dashwin was the one who had been accompanying him to school, just like before Hunt took over the responsibility.

Even though Raven had been accompanied by Dashwin for a long time, he couldn't shake off the feeling that something was missing in his daily life. The presence of his bodyguard was comforting but also made him feel slightly off-balance, as if he wasn't used to Dashwin's presence. It was a strange feeling, like something in his routine had changed, and he couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Alas otso ng umaga at nakaupo si Raven sa loob ng kanilang silid habang kausap ang kaibigan na si Sev.

"I saw your interview last night when it got released, man," Sev began.

"Yeah? How was it?" Raven asked with a hint of apprehension.

Sev shrugged. "It was okay. You looked good in front of the camera."

"But was I awkward?" Raven pressed.

"Not really." Sev shook his head. "If anything, you looked confident."

Napangisi si Raven nang maalala kung bakit bigla ito nagkaroon ng kompyansa sa sarili. If it hadn't been for Hunt reminding him that keeping your head high in any given situation is the a way to show confidence, he might have folded the second he went on stage.