Chapter 12

Hours earlier

Three days had passed since Hunt and the president had to abruptly leave for an important matter. The urgency of the matter had meant that Hunt had to leave without being able to say a proper goodbye to Raven despite being taken good care if when he was sick, a fact that was still weighing heavily on his mind. However, his thoughts were now focused on the shocking news they had received upon their arrival in Baguio: the former president had died in his home.

The former president's death had been a huge blow to the President and Hunt could see the effect it was having on him. They both knew that there was something more to it than just an accident and Hunt understand why it was weighing heavily on the president's mind.

Ever since they had arrived, Hunt had been preoccupied with the investigation into the former president's death, but after all this time, they still did not have any leads. While Hunt was not directly involved in the investigation, he did offer his assistance where he could.

The mystery behind the former president's death was taking a toll on everyone, including the high ranking officials in the Philippines Government, and Hunt was feeling conflicted about having left Raven behind.

Randam niya sa sarili niya na parang may mali.

But despite his guilt and uneasiness, Hunt knew that he had to focus on the investigation and do his job as best he could.

Today, Hunt and the president were walking towards the meeting spot where the president had called all the Philippines officials to attend. As Hunt and the president walk through the corridor, Hunt can't help but notice the security presence that permeates the building. The hallways are lined with highly-trained men in uniform, seemingly guarding every corner, and he understands why.

Due to the recent death of the former president, the officials are on high alert and taking every precaution.

Hunt and the president walked through the door, they were greeted by the rest of the officials sitting around the round table. The president took the lead, welcoming everyone and taking his seat at the center of the table and Hunt stood behind him.

"Good morning, everyone," the president began, "I appreciate all of you taking the time to attend this meeting on short notice."

The officials nodded in response, eager to hear what he had to say.

"As you may know, we have received some shocking news. The former president has passed away."

The room filled with murmurs as everyone leaned in to hear the rest.

"We have reason to believe that this was not just the result of a natural cause, but rather an act of murder," the president continued. "As the investigation progressed, The police and the other investigating team became increasingly convinced that the death was not an accident. There were several indicators that suggested that foul play was involved."

One of the senators asked, "President, what can you tell us about the cause of the former president's death?"

"We are still investigating the matter. As you know, it's a complex case, and we are looking into every possible angle."

Another one chimed in, "What made you believe that this is some kind of foul play, Mr. President?"

"The fact that other prominent figures, Senator Geldo and Senate President Franklin, also died under suspicious circumstances a few months ago, makes us believe that there may be a connection between the three cases."