Chapter 31

The next morning, Hunt and Ryder made their way to the president's office, determined to disclose the findings of their investigations. The president greeted them warmly, as he always did, and gestured for them to take a seat.

"Good morning, Mr. President." Bati nila.

The president gave them a small nod of acknowledgment.

Inabot ni Ryder ang folder na dala-dala niya sa presidente at tumingin muna kay Hunt bago nagsalita.

"To start off, we have evidence that suggests that some members of the government and law enforcement were involved in providing information about the government's plans and whereabouts of high-ranking officials to the bombing suspects."

The President's eyes narrowed. "That's a serious accusation. Are you sure of this?"

Ryder nodded, pointing at the folder. "We've gathered evidence from multiple sources, Mr. President. We have recordings of phone conversations, emails, and even physical evidence that implicates several government officials and police officers in the plot."

"This enabled them to obtain information about the layout of the facilities and the students' routines, as well as the locations and movements of the police officers stationed there." Dagdag ni Hunt.

The President sighed heavily. "This is a disaster. I can't believe this is happening in my administration."

Hunt leaned forward. "We're not pointing fingers at anyone specific yet, Mr. President. But we need to know who was involved and how far up the chain it went."

The President rubbed his temples. "I understand. But you have to understand that this is a delicate situation. If this gets out, it could destabilize the entire government."

Ryder's expression was firm. "We're not trying to destabilize anything, Mr. President. We're trying to uncover the truth and bring those responsible to justice. And if that means exposing corruption within your own administration, then so be it."

The President looked at them both, his eyes searching for something. Then he nodded slowly. "Very well. I'll give you everything you need to investigate further. But you have to promise me one thing: you'll keep this quiet for now. I don't want this getting out until we're ready to make a statement."

As the leader of the country, the president faces numerous pressures and responsibilities, including making important decisions that can impact millions of people. The revelation of potential traitors within his own administration can create a sense of uncertainty and anxiety, making the president feel as though he must be constantly on guard and wary of his colleagues.

Hunt and Ryder exchanged a look before nodding in unison.

"We can do that, Mr. President," Hunt said.

"I'm gonna go now. I still have things to do in the office." Makahulugang tugon ni Ryder. Nagpaalam ito sa presidente and tumalikod na para umalis.

Ngayong si Hunt at ang presidente nalang ang naiwan ay nanghihinang napasandal ang presidente sa kanyang upuan.

He took a deep breath and sighed, massaging his temple. "Do we have a lead suspect, Hunt? Someone we can already put to jail and get this done with?"

Hunt gazed at the president, his expression concerned as he took in the visible signs of weariness and stress on the man's face. The long hours, the constant press of responsibilities, and the mounting pressure from both within and outside the country were taking a toll on the president.

Hunt shook his head, "unfortunately, despite having a lot of names identified in the investigation, none of the evidence is sufficient enough to make them our number one suspect. There's still someone behind all of them. All of this."