Chapter 29

Raven stared at his phone after the call ended. He wasn't sure if Hunt was being true when he said he'd be here in twenty minutes, but his chest wouldn't stop pounding.

He's actually...expecting him to come.

Bigla siyang hindi mapakali.

Sumalin siya ng alak sa baso at kaagad itong nilagok. Nangunot ang kanyang mukha nang maramdaman ang pait at maanghang na sensasyon na dumaloy sa kanyang lalamunan.

His gazed roamed towards Dashwin and the other's direction and saw them still having fun. What would their reactions be if Hunt arrives?

Mahina siyang natawa.

Magsasalin pa sana siya ng alak sa baso nang makitang wala na itong laman. Since he was feeling jittery, he decided to get some on his own than wait for the waiter to arrive.

He gets the bucket full of ice and heads out. Nakita niya ang Tito Rafael niya sa counter.

"Raven, ubos na? You should've called for someone."

"Nah, nakakapagod din umupo. I needed a little walk."

Rafael agreed. "Yeah, to get some of the alcohol out your system. Ano, ready for the hard drinks?" May kinuha ang tito niya sa ilalim ng counter at pinakita sa kanya.

It was some sort of hard vodka.

Thinking of Hunt, who's not a lightweight and is assumingely on his way here, he nodded at his uncle.

"Sure. Give it to me."

Nilagay ito ng tito niya sa metal na balde na dala niya. "Don't get too wasted, alright? But I think I don't need to worry so much since your bodyguards are with you."

"Yeah, they can handle me just fine. And oh by the way, there's one more guy with me who's coming. Mind telling the guards to let him in?" Pakikipag-usap niya sa tiyuhin.

"Sure. Name the man."

"Hunt Gustav Cassidy po, Tito. Salamat."

"Anytime, nephew."

Naglakad ito pabalik sa upuan nila dala ang alak. As he stroll the hallways of the bar, the already crowded place becomes progressively rowdier, the music getting louder and the patrons growing more boisterous.

The sound of laughter and shouting begins to meld together, creating a buzzing cacophony that makes it nearly impossible to have a conversation without screaming into someone's ear.

May mga lasing na at sumasayaw sa dance floor.

Inilapag niya sa mesa ang dalang alak at tumalikod para pumuntang banyo. Pagpasok niya doon ay tamang-tama na nandoon ang lalaking kasama ng nakatama sa kanya kanina ng cue stick.

The boy eyed him up and down before mumbling an annoyed tsk.

Hindi ito pinansin ni Raven at pumasok lang ng cubicle. Pero pagkalabas niya ay nandoon parin ang lalaki. Mukhang wala na itong ginagawang iba kundi ang tumayo lang doon.

He's clearly waiting for him.

"Ikaw si Raven, tama? Anak ng presidente?" Tanong nito sa kanya.

"Nice to meet you." Aniya at walang ganang naghugas ng kamay sa gripo.

"You're so cocky just because you're the president's son. I hate your type."

Nagtaka si Raven kung ano ang ibig niyang sabihin, "Excuse me?"

"Tsk." The boy harshly folded his arms, "You think you run the place just because you have privileges? Huwag kang mayabang."