Chapter 27

It was around noon time when the tailor arrived, and Raven was summoned to his father's office to begin having their measurements taken.

Upon entering, he saw that both his mother and father were already there, busy conversing about various things. Tapos halatang tuwang-tuwa ang mommy niya kasi nakauwi na rin sa wakas ang kanyang ama.

As he approached, they both turned to him with warm smiles.

"Raven, it's good to have you back," his father greeted him, gesturing towards an empty chair. "Have a seat, anak."

"Dad," Raven gave his father a small hug before sitting.

"How are you? Did you enjoy your vacation?" Tanong ng kanyang ama.

"I did. It was fun." He said genuinely, "How about you, Dad? I should be the one asking how you've been."

"Same old, same old." His father sighed, "Sorry if I wasn't able to come home these past few days. I've been busy."

"I understand. Hunt told me." Raven said in an understanding tone.

"Did you hear about the candle lighting ceremony from Hunt?"

"I did. He told me earlier."

"That's good." His father nodded with a slight smile on his face, "I'm glad you guys are close. It puts my mind at ease."

Raven smiled, but then looked away when realization hit him. Despite the warmth and positivity in his father's words, Raven couldn't help but feel bad. What would his father think when he found out about the relationship going on between him and Hunt?

Would he be disappointed? Would he think less of him?

Pakiramdam niya ay pinagtataksilan niya ang ama.

These questions lingered until he heard the tailor's voice. "Raven, let's have your measurements taken," the tailor said, gesturing towards a measuring tape.

He snapped out of his contemplation and stood up, approaching the tailor as if he were on autopilot. The tailor began to take his measurements, carefully measuring each limb and torso before jotting down the numbers on a piece of paper.

Eventually, the tailor finished and took a step back. "You know, you have quite the physique, young man. You're tall, and equally proportioned with the right amount of muscles," he said with a small smile. "You've clearly been taking good care of yourself. The garment should fit you quite well."

"Well, well, who would have thought my son would have such a nice body?" his father said, a playful smile on his face. "When did you start working out, Raven? I seem to remember you saying you wanted to hit the gym. Or did you find a better form of exercise?"

Raven was surprised by his father's teasing, "What? I never said anything like wanting to go to the gym." Pagde-deny niya.

"Nakalimutan mo na? You told me you wanted to have a body like Hunt."

"Ohh," his mother joined in, "I understand, son. I understand."

"I never said anything about wanting a body like Hunt's!" Raven grumbled, feeling his face grow hot.

"Oh, come on, son," his father chided. "No need to be embarrassed. We all want a body like Hunt."

"I'm starting to want to see this Hunt guy you all keep talking about." Even the tailor chimed in.