Chapter 5

Raven walked through the darkened corridors of the Palace, his footsteps echoing on the marble floor. As he approached his father's office, he took a deep breath and knocked on the door.

"Dad, are you there?" He creaked the door open, revealing his father sitting at his desk. He looked up at Raven with a stern expression on his face.

"Son," he said, his voice low and stern. "Come in."

Raven complied, walking into the room and closing the door behind him. The room was dimly lit, and he could see that his father's desk was surrounded by papers and documents.

"May kailangan ka, anak?" His father asked him.

Pinakita ni Raven ang dalang papel sa ama. "It's my parents consent form for our hospital exposure next week, dad. Kailangan ng perma mo." He handed it to him in which his father accepted.

"Next week na pala 'to?" He looked down at the piece of paper. "Kahayag hospital? That's kind of far away from here. Hmmm..."

"Dad." It was clear that Raven had a certain tone in his voice, almost like a warning to his father not to have any funny ideas.

His father sighed and nodded, seeming to understand the message behind Raven's words. "I understand," he said. "But you also need to understand that there are certain matters that needs to be done. I'll see if I can arrange a protection team while you're on your hospital duties."

Raven's eyebrows furrowed at his father. "Pero Dad, that would just attract attention. Ayaw kong pumasok ng hospital na may dalang mga bodyguards. I know that you can make it possible through your connections, but it'll be too uncomfortable for me." He let out a big sigh, "I mean, Hunt's with me and I think he's more than capable for the job. Hindi ba pwedeng siya nalang mag-isa ang sasama saakin?"

Raven watched as his father listened intently to what he had to say. When he finished, Raven waited for a response, but his father remained silent for a moment before speaking.

"I understand your point, Raven," his father said, his voice serious. "But as the son of a political leader, I cannot simply let you roam around without protection. The risks are too great."

Raven felt a mixture of disappointment and frustration wash over him. He had hoped that his father would understand his desire for independence, but it seemed that the dangers of his position were too great for his father to dismiss.

"I know that, but—" Raven started to say, before he was interrupted by his father.

"No buts, Raven," his father's voice is firm. "You have to understand that being my son comes with certain responsibilities and dangers. I cannot risk your safety just so that you can go wherever you feel like. I hope you understand that."

The two of them sat in silence for a moment, contemplating the situation. They both knew that they had different perspective on the matter, but Raven just couldn't entirely back down and lose the conversation.

Ayaw niya talaga sa gustong mangyari ng ama niya, pero alam nito kung gaano naman kahirap pakiusapan ang ama sa gusto niya. He knew he's fighting a battle he couldn't win.

"Is there really no way to change your mind?" Raven asked, hopeful.

His father sighed. "How about this? I'll send a squad of bodyguards with you to the hospital, but I'll make sure that they're discreet and won't get in your way. Hunter will be the only one who stays close to you at all times, but the rest of the team will be there to keep an eye on things."

Raven smiled, feeling a sense of relief wash over him. He still thinks that having bodyguards following him around might be a bit odd, but he also knew that it was a small price to pay for the freedom to do what he loved.