Chapter 32

Raven stood outside his parent's room, taking a deep breath as he prepared to have one of the most important conversations of his life.
Gusto niyang makausap ang ina at tamang-tama na nasa opisina pa ang ama nito at may ginagawang trabaho.

For now, ang ina niya lang ang nandito sa kwarto.

Raven knocked gently on the door, his heart pounding in his chest. After a moment, his mother opened the door, greeting him with her signature warm smile. She was surprised to see him standing there, considering the hour, and even more surprised when she saw the serious look on his face.

"Raven, what is it?" she asked, concern apparent in her voice. "Is everything alright?"

Raven took a deep breath, trying to find the right words. "Mom, there's something I need to tell you," he said finally. "I know it's late and all, but this is important."

"Sure, come in, anak." Pumasok siya at isinara naman ng ina ang pintuan. "Maupo ka. What is it?"

Raven sat on the edge on the bed, his mother beside him. As he looked at his mother's face, with its kind and gentle expression, his throat felt tight with unease. The thought that this warm smile might change into something he couldn't bear to see filled him with dread.

But it's all or never.

"You see, I have a confession to make..." he played with his fingers.

His mother nodded, encouraging him to continue.

"I-I like someone..."

Umawang ang labi ng kanyang ina sabay nanlaki ang mga nata at lumiwanag ang kanyang mukha, "You do?! Who is it!?"

Raven looked away, "they're very stunning. Out of this world kind of beauty. Smart and strong, too. It's hard to fathom how such a seemingly perfect person can exist."

Tumili ang ina niya, "Oh my, anak! You're so whipped. And you're even blushing!" His mother hugged him and pinched his cheek, "so, who is she? Do I know this lucky girl?"

Napulunok ng sariling laway si Raven, "That's what this is all about, ma... the one I like is a... man."

Lumuwag ang hawak ng kanyang ina sa kanya. There was a moment of silence as the words hung in the air. Raven's mother gazed at him, a mix of emotions playing across her face.

"You what?" she finally asked, her voice tinged with surprise.

"I like a man," Raven repeated, firm determination in his eyes."And I just want you to know. I like him and I'm not sorry about it. Gusto ko lang ipaalam sa'yo na buo ang desisyon kong panindigan ito. I understand if you don't accept—"

His mother pulled him for a hug.
She smiled gently,"Anak, It's okay. Thank you. Thank you for trusting me with this."

Raven felt his breathing hitch.

"My apologies if you had to keep this to yourself out of fear that I wouldn't accept it. It must have been difficult to do so, and I imagine the weight of it has been heavy on your mind." Humigpit ang yakap ng ina niya sa kanya sabay hagod ng kanyang likod.

Raven frowned to hide the fact that his eyes are watery. Hindi niya inaakalang tatanggapin ng ina niya ang balita ng ganito ka dali.