Chapter 9

At approximately 2:00 a.m., Hunt was still awake on the couch, his body feeling weighed down, and warmth emanating from his eyes prevented him from falling asleep despite the fact that he was tired. The cold air conditioning in the room only worsened the situation as the thin sheet covering his body was not enough to provide warmth.

He tried to move, but every time he did, his body felt sluggish and heavy. He closed his eyes, willing himself to fall asleep, but the exhaustion was too much. He felt like he was trapped in a state of half-awakeness, his body too tired to move but his mind too alert to drift off.

Although Hunt didn't want to admit it, he knew he was fighting off a fever. He could feel the effects of the illness - his body was weak, and he felt tired. It had been a while since he had last experienced this, and he was struggling to cope with the physical and emotional toll that it was taking on him.

Hunt sighed as he tried to get comfortable on the couch, muttering to himself. "Fuck...Why now?" He thought, frustrated.

He knew that his current situation was nothing compared to what he experienced during his time in the military or the navy, but he couldn't help but feel frustrated. He couldn't understand why his body felt so weak and vulnerable. Maybe being a bodyguard for so long had made him complacent and soft, he thought. He felt ashamed of his discomfort and weakness, feeling like he was failing at his role.

On the other hand, Raven woke up from a deep sleep, feeling the sudden urge to use the bathroom. He crawled out of bed and made his way to the bathroom, doing his business and washing his hands before making his way back to bed.

When he came back to the bedroom, he was surprised to see Hunt still awake and looking at him. Raven felt his heart skip a beat as he saw the concern in Hunt's eyes.

"Are you okay?" Hunt asked softly, not taking his eyes off Raven.

"Just went to the bathroom," he said, his voice quiet. "You? Why are you still awake?"

"Just couldn't sleep."

Hunt tried to play it cool when he heard Raven's question. He put on a nonchalant expression, hoping to convince Raven that everything was fine. But what he didn't realize was that Raven was trained to notice the signs of illness. Raven had seen Hunt's flushed face, red eyes, and pale lips, and he knew something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" Raven asked again, concern evident in his voice.

Hunt tried to brush it off, saying that he was just having trouble sleeping.

Nilapitan ito ni Raven at tiningnan ng maigi.

"Hunt, you're sick," Raven said, concerned. He reached out and touched Hunt's forehead, feeling the heat coming off his skin. "You have a fever."

Hunt was taken aback, looking up at Raven in surprise. He quickly shook his head, trying to downplay the situation. "I'm fine," he said, trying to sound reassuring. "I just couldn't sleep, that's all."

But Raven wasn't fooled. "Your temperature is way higher than normal," he said, his voice firm. "You need to take this seriously and rest. Fuck, we need medicine. I'll try to find outsi—"

Hunt reached out to grab Raven's elbow, gently but firmly holding it in place. "Don't go," he said, his voice quiet but firm. "Please stay here."

Raven was taken aback by the sudden change in Hunt's demeanor. He had just been about to leave, but now he was being instructed to stay. He looked at Hunt, trying to figure out what was going on.

"Why?" Raven asked, concern etched on his face. "What's wrong?"

Hunt hesitated for a moment, trying to find the right words. But ultimately, he gave in and told Raven the truth. "I'm not feeling well," he admitted, his voice low. "I have a fever, and I'm worried that I can't protect you in this state if something happens. So don't leave."