7

Sutton
Flashback

Ari quickly pulls me inside of the room and closes the door, my back connecting with the wall gently. "How long...how long do we have?" I ask in between kisses.

This is how it has to be. A secret away from prying eyes of the other teams, my father, the media, and practically everyone but us.

"I gotta leave in a half hour, what about you?" He asks, pushing his pants down while I slide out of my underwear. He slowly hoists me up and impales me onto his cock, my legs wrapping around his waist as he begins his slow and sensual strokes in and out of me.

"Same..." I pant, and hide my moan with his mouth on mine.

I'm sleeping with the enemy...

At least that's how others will see it. I never planned on falling in love with a driver from another team - in fact I'd promised my dad that I wouldn't. I'm the forbidden fruit in some respects - my dad declaring war on anyone who dares to touch me. He's overprotective to say the least, but Ari? There's something magnetic about him. I just can't keep away.

It also wouldn't make for good press if anyone found out, hence our secrecy.

I eventually release around his cock as he spills into me, thrusts slowing until he pulls out and sets me down. My legs are like jelly, but I need to pull myself together before I head back to dad to leave for today's race.

His lips meet with my own again and he rests his forehead against mine. "Fuck. I wish I could go out there and show you off to the world, Sutt".

"I know, but dad will have your head and then on the track? Your blood". I sigh and pick up my underwear, slipping it back on and feeling the mixture of our release dampening the material.

I now have to walk around like this all day...

**

Now

Pre season testing - Bahrain

Needless to say that my dad isn't as overprotective as he was. After Ari died I think he saw that I wasn't a little girl anymore, that I could be strong and handle what shit was thrown at me. So he just let me get on with it. I was able to throw myself back in easily although there's days like these that can be hard. The hardest is going back to the track where the accident happened.

I sit at my desk with my coffee and look through the pictures I've taken recently for the social media team. Just behind the scenes shots of the drivers photo shoots etc. I blink back a few tears and look away from the screen for a moment.

It's a blip. You've done your crying - he wouldn't want you like this anymore.

The recent headlines haven't really helped.

Drysdale dates former teammates girlfriend.

F1 champ finds love with Levinson's ex

And so on.

Most are positive, but there are some who disagree and say it's distasteful of us to be dating. Those are the articles that hurt the most.

I wish that I didn't care as much as Ransom doesn't - he just gets on with it, not giving a crap about what Netflix or other reporters ask. "It is what it is". He shrugged it off the other day when we were at his and the director of the documentary asked about what we thought of people's reaction. "You can't help who you fall in love with".

They tried to ask about Ari but he was silent for a moment before shaking his head. "Can we not talk about that?"

He refuses to speak about him at all, and the clear indicator first came at the party. On getting back to the sanctuary of my hotel room, I noted the marks he'd left from digging his fingers into my waist when his former teammate was the topic of conversation.

It makes me wonder just whether he doesn't talk about him out of respect.

I really don't know.

We've been trying to get to know one another a little better away from the cameras for the last few weeks. Whether he's taken on board my likes and dislikes is another matter. Needless the say the heavy air between us has lifted a little more, and I don't feel so much discomfort around him anymore, although it's still more awkwardness. Kissing him for the sake of the cameras seems to come a little naturally as well. Whereas before I used to feel hesitant inside, I now just accept that things are this way and get it over with. Still the new season is looming upon us.

I go out to watch the first day of testing with my coffee to hand, cameras deciding to film me for this moment. "How's it looking so far?" The director asks.

I nod as I watch Curtis zoom around the track. "Looks set to be good".

There's a screech and he spins off onto the gravel. My body is tense but I feel some relief that he didn't flip the car or anything. Dad will be more than pissed if the car's wrecked before we even get to qualifying for race one. "Aaaaand as you can see there I spoke too soon". Now glancing off camera to the crew with a smirk. "This is the reason why we do this".

"Do you get nervous when seeing accidents? You don't have to answer if you don't wanna".

So why are you fucking asking me in the first place? Oh wait, because you want to get deep about Ari - perhaps have me cry on camera? I won't do that...

I ponder for a moment, my mind going back to that day and replaying in snapshots over and over. I just smile weakly and shrug it off like Ransom does. "It's part of it. None of us want accidents to happen, but they do. It's something you feel like you should be used to seeing, given that these guys are driving at 200mph - but you never get used to it when it actually does happen".

"Are you worried about Ransom?".

I laugh lightly, seeing his car now fly around the corner and is then out of sight within seconds. "Is that even a question? Of course I am". My camera is hanging around my neck, so I get a few shots in as quick as I can and check them. Dad will certainly like them.

Ransom comes back into the pit and stops the car, getting out and talking to a few of the techs and mechanics, most likely about the performance, but he'll most likely feed back in the de-brief later.

I head over to him and he turns, slipping an arm around my waist and kissing my hair. He'll do this more so if the cameras are there than a full on kiss on the lips. Just extra little things to try and convince everyone around us that this is real. "All good?" I ask, also glancing to dad who has been watching on the screens with his headset on.

"Yeah I think so, hopefully not a different story for the real thing". He says and then speaks with my dad while I look back through the pictures I've taken.

"Right, we'll have lunch and then de-brief after". Dad announces as he heads off with Curtis and Ransom - their trainer's and PA's also in tow.

Not long now, and the countdown to the first race at Bahrain is on - then even more eyes will be on us than they already are...