18

Sutton
Monaco GP Afterparty - Amber Lounge

There's a hell of a lot of people here. Drivers, celebrities, influencers- and as Ransom and I make our way through, we are greeted by people who act as though they know him personally. He just nods and says hi, even though I can tell he's ready to just turn and leave altogether.

"Wondered whether you were coming, got you a drink anyway". Says a voice as I'm lead to a VIP section with him.

Ransom takes the drink and a long swig of it. ""Let's face it, you know I would've been dragged here anyway". He now gives the person a manly hug. "Word on the street is that you're retiring soon".

Steve Rogers just smirks back. He is just as built as I've seen on TV during football season, not to mention handsome. His wife is a lucky bitch that's for sure. "And you really listen to the shit the media put out, Drysdale?" He now notes me and smiles. "And you must be Sutton?"

I nod. "Nice to meet you. I didn't realise you were into this kind of thing?"

"Been a fan for a while, it's just getting to a race that's the problem. Thankfully I had a gap in my diary". Steve says and then introduces his friends Sam and Bucky. "And no, not because I'm retiring". He shoots Ransom a knowing look.

"Shame, bet your wife was looking forward to having you around more".

Steve snorts at this. "I think Lottie would tell you otherwise. I can annoy the shit outta her when I'm home"

"Must be like having two kids in the house then". I state.

"Even more so when these two show up". He gestures to Sam and Bucky who then leap to defend themselves.

We sit and talk with them about the race and upcoming ones, what happened to the car today, how football season is going and so on. Ransom and Steve have known one another for a few years but their conflicting schedules make it hard for them to meet up.

The idea of Ransom having friends is still something that surprises me a little. He's like a black sheep, always roaming by himself for the most part.

We've been here a good couple of hours and I lean into Ransom. "You wanna get going?"

"Please - aside from you, Steve is the only person here who I can tolerate enough". He admits and we say our goodbyes, escaping the nightlife and replacing it with the quiet of the hotel room.

I chuck my bag onto the nearby chair and then turn to Ransom. "See? It wasn't so bad".

"If Steve hadn't been there then we would've been gone earlier". He replies. "Anyway, did you get some decent pictures from the race today?"

This is the first time he's actually really been interested in my part of the job. That or he's trying to make conversation.

"Wanna see?" I ask and he nods.

I get my camera and show him the pictures. He goes through them one by one. "You're talented..."

"As opposed to you thinking I snapped a couple each time  without any thought process?". I ask. "Or that you think I'm only in this job because of my dad?"

"I'm telling the truth Sutt. And ok, when I first met you I thought you were only here because you got the free pass with it being your dad's organisation- but I was wrong. And for me to ad it something like this? It's a big thing".

"I heard what you said to Sammy when I spoke about you joining us. You wondered how Ari ever put up with me".

He says nothing for a moment and stares at the picture I took of him earlier before the race. It's a candid one of him in his suit before I went over to see him. "I was wrong about that too". He admits.

I brush it off. "It's fine".

His eyes are still on the camera. "You ever used this for personal purposes?"

I frown. "How do you mean?"

"I mean...taking some naughty pictures of yourself? A video maybe?"

"What are you suggesting Hugh?"

A devilish look crosses his features. "I think we should make the most of the battery life and take a few little memorable pictures, maybe even a video that you're going to watch back when I'm not there so you can fuck that toy that's hidden in your suitcase while you do".

My mouth is dry.

"How do you even know that I..." I trail off.

He smirks. "Caught sight of it accidentally when you were packing the other week. You have no idea how much I wanna watch as you slide it in and out of yourself..."

I look at the camera and then at him, feeling horny as ever. "How about we set it up and make a couple of videos then. One for my enjoyment...and another for yours - toy included".

We both know that we'll be watching these back during our time apart.

"Take that dress off and get on your hands and knees, sweetheart".