37| Kabhi dhoop khile, kabhi chao mile

Shefali's mornings go by roaming about the garden and helping Haricharan in the kitchen even after his protests all morning when Satyendra goes off to his spice shop. In the evenings she sits on the huge veranda stitching designs on neat pieces of clothing.

She spends a lot of time with Gauri in the afternoons telling her stories of Rajputana, and mentioning Eshant very frequently.

Satyendra had noticed the stream of compliments for the young prince from his sister as well but he had not asked her any such questions which might make her uncomfortable. After all, he is her elder brother and he maintained that unnoticed boundary of privacy.

Shefali had started feeling lonely here.

She missed Aai, Shakti, Ekta, and everyone, especially the one her heart ached the most for.

"Hari kaka,"

She called Hariharan from the balcony.

"Yes?"

He asked walking to her on his way to the terrace.

"Can you write?"

Shefali hesitated.

"Oh, didimoni! If I could read and write then would I be so poor?"

Haricharan laughed.

"Babu writes a lot. You could ask him to write for you"

He insisted.

"Okay, thank you"

Shefali smiled and he walked off.

If I could tell him to write this letter then I would have done that already, she thought to herself.

It has only been a few days since she has been thinking of writing a letter to Eshant. She had grown impatient to know if he was safely back or not. Plus she needed to explain to him why she had to leave so abruptly.

She could not bear the idea of him misunderstanding her due to any reason. After all, when she was so alone there... unknown to everyone, he had been the only one who thought of her differently who did not consider her to be a mere courtesan, who never for once tried to make her feel like an outsider. She knew deep down, if it hadn't been for Eshant she would have never been able to gather the courage of staying back and fighting for herself.

Even if she could move on from everyone there, Eshant can never be thrown out of her heart. There had not been a single moment when he had not crossed her mind.

When she talks, when she sleeps, when she cooks, when she sits blankly... all she thinks of is him.

It has been a week since her heart has been trembling to see him again. It had not occurred to her that how much has she fallen in love with that man.

She can live without seeing him but she cannot feel herself alive without remembering his sunlit face.

Only if I could go back... She thought.

"But that won't be fair"

She whispered to herself.

"I cannot leave Bengal again. I cannot part with Dada, Gauri, the very familiar smell of this soil"

She said hopelessly.

A sudden tear had started brewing up in her eyes.

She glanced at the sky and smiled.

It feels so serene to think we all after all live under the same sky. We admire the same blue, the same clouds, the same hues, the same stars, moon, and sun... She thought to herself.