13 - Topanga Canyon II

Jin started to remember where he lost control, where he decided to take his own father down.

It all started in that morning, Jin was ready to start one more day, after a small breakfast he got his suitcase full of documents and gave a goodbye kiss on his sugar gliders. He lived by himself in an apartment complex in Manhattan, he would take the subway to his office and lunch alone everyday. His day just truly started in the afternoon when he leaves his job as CEO to take care of his friends.

Unfortunately that day Jin was the last one to leave the office, he hated his job and that was the reason he would take more time to do his chores than the others, he hated being a business man. He was walking down the hallway when a man came out from the meeting room, the man didn't notice Jin, just went directly to the elevators, it wasn't possible to see his face and he was all in black blending with the shadows of the dark office. The man left the light on, Jin went to the room to see what that man have done, but there was his father, siting in a chair in the meeting room looking at his watch.

"Dad?" He asked and Mr. Kim looked at him surprised, he wasn't expecting anyone else there.

"Seokjin! What are you doing here?" He got up from his chair.

"Working, what are you doing here?" Jin asked suspicious. His father hadn't been there for ages.

"Just a meting, new client..." He walked to the elevators and Jin followed "I don't want you working here past 6pm ever again!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't promised that" Jin said.

"It wasn't a suggestion, I don't want you here."

That was the day it all started, a day before the Greco's annual charity ball. At the ball, Jin over heard his father talking on the phone moments before the tragedy.

"Do it, it has to be big, and ruin them".

Jin was closer to the exit in that moment. His father passed through him without noticing his presence and went directly to the stage, thirty minutes later and a man was bleeding hanging on stage and his heart placed in the middle of a puddle of blood. Jin saw all the kinds of people running away from the scene, he saw them all coming in his direction, screaming and crying like in a horror movie.

The media cover the incident as an attack of the Big Apple's Killer, the fictional name they have given for Nightmare and his crimes. They just didn't know that all those murders were connected to the richest men in town.

More happened later, the boys were supposed to serve everyone, report for everyone, but his father started using him to spy on the others, Jin had to erased and remake the records from Jungkooks security camera almost every night so when his father went to inspect there was nothing suspicious. Y/N was right the day she called Jin's job as a security guard cheap, that camera on the elevator was easy to be manipulated, so would be easier for him to change the footage. Unfortunately his job took him to a no turning back road, while Jin was trying to find all the dirty secrets behind Nightmare, he found what his father was doing, terrible and disgusting things.

A little after Brandon was killed, Jin made sure to get into Jung Hall security system and he found more than he needed. While looking for Brandons images in the club he found his own dad, doing the most dirty things outside the cabins, not even carrying about who was watching, he saw girls and boys, young teenagers losing their lives in the hands of the old man. He saw torture with no reason, he saw the guns, drugs and death, all the things he despised in the life he was born in and never had the chance to choose. And the most important, he saw a man beside his father, always covering the face and disappearing after leaving the club.

There was no one that didn't knew about how low Hobi's father could go, but it looked like Mr. Kim was going even deeper. Jin hated how his life was always in danger, he hated how Taehyung was always scared to breath around their father and end it up locked in the basement for days like it used to happened when they were kids. And more than anything, Jin hated the fact his father was above the law, Mr. Kim had the ego of a god, far from the mortals, the man was gaining his life selling other people's soul to the devil.