24 - Memories of a broken heart

(Flashback January 1992)

They were all young. Zeus Greco was the oldest of three siblings, he was almost finishing college, his father had just gave him a new car and for a twenty-three year old he couldn't be better.

That year was just starting, like the rest of his life.

"Hey jackass!" A warning and before he could turn around there was already somebody jumping on his back. Jung-Hwan Jeon was a tall korean guy, mad of muscles and willing to annoyed his friends as much as he could, he was also Zeus best friend and brother in law.

"Get off me!" Zeus laughed trying to get rid of his friend.

"I tried to warn you" Kiara got closer, she was the last to arrived. "Now boys, pay attention, I don't like to repeat myself"

They did as she said. It was one more mission on behalf of Mister Giuseppe Greco, also known as Zeus father. That day, they finished the job way faster than expected, so the trio decided to go to a club together to celebrate the New Year's eve. They were always together and that would never change.

The trio got in the club together, Zeus' sister and Kiara's boyfriend were already waiting on them. His sister had an unspoken beauty, nothing could describe, and she was just as much kind and generous. Gaia was the person he most loved in life.

"Hi, baby" Kiara said and kissed her boyfriend.

"Hello, princess" Jung-Hwan kissed Gaia like a movie scene.

"I will never get used to that" Zeus said disgusted.

"Maybe if you had someone you weren't be that grump" Gaia said and squeezed her brother's cheek.

"No, thank you"

"She's right, why don't you just find someone?" Kiara said looking around, like she was searching for somebody.

"I will find, for the night" He winked at his friend, and started to leave to the dance floor, everybody followed him.

The night was great, going perfectly as it should. It was almost midnight when the DJ called everyone to the front of the stage to start the countdown. Everyone squeezed onto the dance floor. Kiara's boyfriend, Kiara, Gaia, Jung-Hwan and Zeus.

"I'm sorry..." A girl stepped on Zeus' foot, their eyes got lock on each other.

10, 9, 8

He lost his words, like the world had stopped and it was just the two of them.

7, 6, 5

"Can I kiss you at midnight?" He asked.

4, 3, 2

"Yes"

1

The first time he had her on his arms he knew. He knew what his father and mother feel for each other. He knew why Jung-Hwan would kiss Gaia like that every time he saw her. He knew that Kiara was right when she said he should found someone. He had just found the one.

"Happy New Year!" The girl said "I'm Donna"

"Happy New Year! I'm Zeus"

After that day they were never too far from each other, their hearts got locked by chains.

(February 1992)

Donna was living a nightmare before Zeus, she had nothing, no family, no job, no friends. The only one she would consider a friend was James Kim, or Jim as she wold call him.

She was telling her friend the good news while they were leaving the college campus.

"You can't marry him!" Jim was against everything that lead to Zeus.