PROLOGUE

I smiled as I entered our classroom. Today is my first day as a law student and I am very excited because this was the dream of the little girl inside me.

Nasira ang ngiti ko ng mabangga ako ng isang lalaki na dumiretso sa classroom without even looking at me nor apologize dahil nabangga niya ako!

I immediately went inside the room and walked towards the jerk— I was cut by my thoughts when I saw how good he looked! Girl, he has thicked eyebrows, pointed nose, a perfect jawline, and his lips— it's kissable—

“May I ask what's the matter lady? Why are you standing in front of me with that expression?” I was awakened by his voice, and that made me raise my left eyebrow.

“Are you not going to apologize to me? Binangga mo ako I was just standing—” He cut my words and threw a counter argument towards me.

“Just so you know, humarang ka sa dinadaanan ko. So why would I apologize?” And those words got my anger.

How dare he?! I am the only Adira Del Moore, I don't allow anybody to get through my way.

“Jerk! This is law school. Law student kaba talaga? Lawyers should have manners. How are you going to talk to your clients gently if you talk like that?” Sagot ko sa kaniya.

Umismid ito at sumagot parin saakin. “Back to your words— This is law school, so why would I apologize? Let's say we are fighting over a case soon. Kailangan ko pa bang mag apologize just because I don't talk and act towards you nicely? Miss, we are law students every class recital, and even interactions that will happen here could lead into an argument. Lawyers won't apologize if they have their rebuttal because lawyers would never allow anyone to win over them.”

Doon niya mas nakuha ang galit ko. No matter how handsome he is, I will never let anyone win against me. Coming from him, there's no room to act nice here when it is an argument.

“You're funny. Since you won't apologize sa pag bangga mo saakin. Let me just tell you the Republic Act No. 9745, did you even know that—” The jerk cut my words again!

“It is an act penalizing torture and other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment or punishment and prescribing penalties. Would you like me to state the sections as well? And by the way, I did not torture you or any other cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment, so what's the point?” There, he got me. But of course, I am Adira I don't let anyone win over me. My ego will be hurt.

“Correction, it may not be a torture, but it is inhuman! You attacked me! Still a serious physical assault.” I claimed

He was about to answer when our professor entered and because of fighting we did not notice that our classmates were all inside already and watching us. Nevertheless, I walked confidently towards my chair. I don't owe them anything. But before I did that, I secretly whispered to Mr. Jerk.

“We are not done, I will make sure that whenever we'll have an argument, I will always be the winner.” Of course, hindi siya mag papatalo nag bitaw rin siya ng huling salita na siyang mas lalo kong ikinainis.

“You wish. As if I'll let you win.” Said the jerk.

----
enjoy reading!:)

@dfndrsun