19 - Pictures and Home

"Good morning, ma'am. Here's the picture of Saint with her girlfriend."

The old woman picked up the brown envelope and one by one looked at the pictures. "Are you sure this is his girlfriend?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"What is her name again, Kim?"

"Thistle Wright."

The old woman frowned, "Wright?"

"Yes, ma'am. Daughter of Taffy and Yale Wright, ma'am."

So, the lesbian daughter. I couldn't believe Saint found a girlfriend like this!

"Tell Saint I want to meet him at the lounge."

The secretary nodded her head and exited the office. The old woman didn't like the idea that his one and only son fell in love with a lesbian! She knows Taffy and Yale Wright, both of them were her classmates when they were in college. And she was jealous of their love story. Yale loves Taffy and she's one the witnesses of their love story but unlike them, her marriage with her husband is out of convenience.

And she doesn't want Saint to marry a woman like Thistle in the future. She has a better plan for her son.

It's time to make a move.

The Saint had stopped cleaning his motorbike when his phone rang. When he looked at the screen, he saw an unknown number. He decided to accept the call.

"Who's this?"

"Saint, this is Secretary Kim, your mom wants to see you on the lounge."

"At the company? Why"

"It's a very urgent matter."

"Okay, give me thirty minutes and I'll be there."

Tinapos na si Saint ang paglinis sa motorbike, nasa tattoo shop siya ngayon at naglinis ng shop. It has been three days since nangyari ang birthday niya. And out of the blue, nagparamdam ang secretary ng kanyang mama.

"Good morning, Sir Saint." Everyone greeted him when he entered the company. The Saint just smiled at them.

He went to the lounge, and he saw his mother there, holding a brown envelope. Paglapit ay binati niya ang kanyang mama at hinalikan 'to sa pisngi.

"What's the problem, ma?"

His mother didn't speak, instead she handed the brown envelope to Saint. Saint frowned as he picked up the brown envelope. Kinuha ang laman niyon at nakitang marami silang picture ni Thistle ro'n.

"You are spying us?"

"Yes."

"Why? Akala ko, walang problema sa inyo na magkagusto ako? You even said to me you are going to support me."

"Dati 'yon. But not with her. Kung sa iba pa."

"Bakit? I love her, ma!"

"May maganda akong plano para sa'yo. You are going to get engaged to Amber and marry her, the daughter of Rico Co. It's time for you to enter the business world."

"No!" hindi na mapigilan ni Saint ang nararamdaman. Mahal niya si Thistle, mag three months pa lang silang magkasintahan tapos ay ganito agad? "Hindi ako papayag sa gusto mo, ma! I can make my own decision at sabi mo sa'kin, susuporta ka sa'kin! Walang bawian, ma!"

Humigpit ang hawak ni Saint sa brown envelope at sa mga picture na hawak niya.

"Hindi ako ma-eengage sa 'di ko kilalang babae."

"Kilalanin mo. Simple."

"Ayaw ko, ma. I'm sorry but I can't. I do love her, and I don't want to ruin my relationship with her."