Family Gathering

Back in middle school, Keith used to be jealous of Layle and May's friendship. Even when May became his girlfriend and Layle stopped hanging out with her. He kept on being jealous. He thought he was jealous of Layle. But now he realized it was the other way around.

There was no point of thinking of the past. So he tried to think of something else but at that time he was already at the door of his brother's house.

He noticed black cars with black mirrors parking near by. But he didn't connect the dots until he went inside and saw few alphas in black in the garden.

Those are supposed to be bodyguards, he thought. There is someone important inside he believed. So he had to take a deep breath and prepare himself before entering.

Lily welcomed him, his brother's wife. Along with her son Danny.

"You're late. We're just about to have dinner."

"Where is my family?"

"In the living room along with mine."

"Who's the important person here today? I saw the guards."

"Go and find out."

She said smiling. Same tired smile she always wore.

He didn't want to find out. In fact he didn't want to go at all. He wasn't ready to face mr. And mrs. Prince. He was still ashamed of the way he dismissed her mother. And still afraid of her dad. After what he told Joey about him yesterday, he started to fear him and hate him even more.

If he knew that the Princes were here he wouldn't have come. But he had to go.

He entered the living room with heavy steps and stood at the door. The laughs and chats stopped as soon as people there saw him.

They were all sitting. His mother, father, and brother. But he didn't notice them. His eyes were fixed on the sofa that mr. Prince and his wife occupied. Between them sat Layle's grandfather.

So the grandfather was the important person. The defense minster.

After few moments he raised his gaze to fall on Layle who stood behind the sofa. In a gray suit and matching glasses on his nose.

He wanted to cry. He didn't think he would meet him here too.

But his mother left not time for him to cry as she hugged him hard and whispered to his ear to "Greet them properly."

He did unconsciously. Shaking mr. Prince hand and the defense minister quickly as they stood showing respect.

But Layle grandfather kept on shaking his hand for a long time squeezing Keith's hand and the three rings he wore started to hurt his fingers.

They were laughing at that but he was not.

As soon as his hand was released he excused himself and went hiding in the bathroom sending his brother a message to come and talk.

And as soon as his brother fallowed him Keith opened his mouth.

"I thought it's a family gathering!"