Parking Lot

AN/ new day brings new chapter of your favorite book, cause there's nothing makes me more happy than the happiness of my loyal readers.

"Layle loved Keith so much, he would die for him, he would kill for him."

Joey let out. He sat on the side of the road, leaving the plastic bags to lay next to him.

"He worshipped him, he would kiss the dirt, that Keith walked on."

Caro sat next to him but didn't know how to comfort him, she tried to wrap her arm around his shoulders, but he shivered at the touch.

He lit a cigarette preferring to be comforted by smoke, rather than being comforted by an alpha at that moment.

"I ruined all of that." He confessed. "I ruined Layle by taking Keith away from him, I ruined their relationship."

It wasn't only fear that kept Joey away for Layle, but shame and guilt. Every time he remembers how Layle cried over the phone and threatened to kill Joey, he wanted to go and let Layle beat him up, just so he forgives him.

Caro didn't know how to respond, she witnessed the change in Layle all these years. She was with him when Keith disappeared, and witnessed how broken Layle has become. If she spoke, she would affirm Joey's words.

"I broke Keith too, he thought he was doing the right thing and I thought that too, but he only became more depressed, when he left with me. If I encouraged him to stay and face his problems instead of running away, he and Layle would've been happy by now."

"You don't know that." She sighed. "Problems always occur and love alone doesn't help sometimes."

But he shook his head, she didn't know the things he knew, he needed to explain.

"The day Keith went to Jason's party..."

He started but there was a hitch in his voice, words hardly came out acknowledging a truth he refused to mention all that time.

"The day that Jason died... I was supposed to be in that party, not him."

Caro opened her eyes in shock, and a tear almost fell when he looked at her, showing the hurt in his face.

"I was the one invited not him, but I ditched them and went out with you instead. If I didn't do that, if I was the one to go to the party, he wouldn't be the one to take my place, he wouldn't be beaten up by them, and he wouldn't be a suspect-"

"Please stop." She asked of him.

It was hard enough for her to hear of what happened to Keith, she didn't want to even think of what she would've felt, if the same thing had happened to Joey instead.

"He refused to talk about what happened." He insisted. "But I know that something terrible happened, or else he wouldn't be in such a mess."

"I SAID STOP." She screamed at him. "It didn't happen to you, so stop."

"But if it had happened to me, he wouldn't be in such pain, he wouldn't be a suspect, he wouldn't be bullied and hated by everyone!"

Joey only brought troubles to Keith, but Keith never once got mad, it made Joey feel guilty and sad, but that's why he loved Keith so much.

Then they fell in silence when she didn't know how to respond, and when he finished his cigarette and was about to get up, she spoke again.

"I'm glad it didn't happen to you." She confessed.

"Caro-"

"Have you ever thought that maybe the pain you inflicted on Layle, was the same amount you inflicted on me, when you left?"