Thank You

AN/ tell me your thoughts about the chapter in the comments.

The day after the attack on the alpha student, rumors started to spread.

The alpha who studies medicine was not a good student, he had a history of violence and harassment that was overthrown in the past cause of his family connections.

Many believed he was attacked by a victim of his. But others saw it as a crime out of jealousy and pity.

The most believable rumor was he was attacked by a beta. Given there wasn't any trace of pheromones in the scene, even after police investigation.

The event became viral on the internet. Even other universities took precautions. Everyone was afraid of the beta right movement having to do anything with the crime after being listed as a terrorist organization.

Keith and Leo were discussing the subject on their way on campus. They felt all eyes on them and on every single beta who was around. And they were not wrong. Betas became the main suspects in the AO's eyes.

Keith wanted to ask more about the alpha. He was attacked in the dorms that Leo and Joey stayed in, they were even interviewed by the police like every student who stayed there. But Leo was not the right one to talk to. He said he didn't know the alpha even though they took classes together and that was it.

He only said:

"Be prepared for what's to come. Us betas are not safe anymore."

So keith wanted to save his energy to meet and thank prince Alex instead. He was still tired and ill. His fever started when he woke up after staying under the rain at night and it never got better. He felt it in his bones and it was crushing him.

It was easy to locate the prince. Just post about him on the university fan page, and students will tell you were they last saw him. They located him in the library and Keith didn't waste a minute before going. Thinking of going straight to sleep after and ditch his classes.

Keith knew many things about the prince from Layle back when they were at high school. He knew Alex was a virgin, a silly person and likes to laugh a lot. In his mind, he hoped the prince would be a carefree who wouldn't mind if Keith didn't show up to apologize.

But he felt guilty knowing all of that while acting like a stranger. He knew secrets he shouldn't know about. His version of the prince is a spoiled childish person and not many knew him by that.

So when they saw prince Alex sitting with a friend studying in peace. Keith got scared and tried to run away. But Leo's hand grabbed his arm harshly and dragged him forward.

"Finish it today."

Keith refused and Leo insisted. They were about to have a fight struggling to move each other either forward or backwards. But a loud voice stopped them in place.

"Oh, Keith isn't it?"

The prince said standing and tapped on his friend shoulder.

"Look, Ameer. That's the boy we told you about, remember? He's the one who threw up on me."

Keith's face turned pale having a light shade of yellow. He moved to the prince unconsciously and almost hit the table between them.

He muttered the word "sorry" under his breath and almost nobody heard. He felt heat escaping his eyes and ears and his body became weaker. His fever was getting stronger.

"What? I didn't hear."

The prince said with a genuine smile. His kindness made Keith feels like he's a nobody who shouldn't be helped at all.