Basketball Game

"I'm sorry for all the alphas and omegas I've hurt. And for all the betas who were misled by me. I never thought my book would have this kind of influence, I never wanted it to be misunderstood. It's purely for entertainment."

Said the author of Betas whose true name with true face was finally revealed, Sam Keller.

A man still in his twenties but appeared older from how exhausted he was, he seemed as if he was forced, even his shaky voice suggest that, but it doesn't matter whether he was forced or not, he admitted his sins.

Some would argue he dressed way nicely to be forced, others said he should've killed himself rather than bowing to alphas. Some forgot the point from the whole show and focused on how familiar he looked, they saw him before in some viral videos that even Keith watched when he was still in Thailand.

When he was in Thailand, many things happened in his country. The last and biggest peaceful protest ended with blood on streets, riot police made sure to never let another protest happen again. Then came the lockdown that insured complete power and lastly the layoffs of betas from important positions fearing rebellion and destroying any kind of strength betas could have in the system.

Keith himself was not sure he'd be able to work at a school after he graduates, maybe they won't let betas near kids to influence them. Unless he obeys their new strict rules. But even when he had no future he still had hope.

A hope for a better tomorrow, a hope for betas to be as much accepted as alphas and omegas, to be as much human as the humans in Betas. The queen was not able to take that belief away from them, not till she started to destroy the idea itself.

"We betas have forgotten our rule in this country, on this earth. We are responsible for protecting omegas, for obeying alphas, this is our job just like how alphas's job is to lead us for a better tomorrow, a stronger kingdom, and a safer environment."

Said Sam keller, a beta surrounded by an aura of dignity, honor, majesty, and strength. His appearance was more decisive than the alpha who sat next to him, but despite that, he was tired and provoked. He wasn't confused, but he wasn't convinced by what he was saying.

But because of all of that Keith's hope was killed.

He was silent as the crowd cheered and he kept on being silent as the crowds in the stadium cheered after few days that followed.

He sat next Joey watching a basketball qualifying match of their university playing against another university. Zain was playing and that was the only reason for why they showed up. The only reason for why Layle and Josh also showed up sitting three rows in front of them.

They were both tired from studying for the exams that ended a day earlier and were not in the mood to cheer with the fans, they were still mentally affected by what Sam Keller had said.

Keith tried to keep his eyes on Zain but it was hard to distinguish him from other players.

"I have a girlfriend."

Joey confessed and Keith couldn't hear him without him shouting again what he said.

"Congratulations." Keith shouted back.

Then the crowd got quiet after the first half ended and people sat back on their seats, others left their place. It became easier to pinpoint where Layle and Josh sat and once Keith's eyes fell on Layle's back it never strayed away. Then a question popped in his head cause of that.

"What about Caro?" He asked. Everyone knows about Caro's feelings towards Joey.

"I don't know."

"You have to tell her."