Hidden skill

SUMMARY:
Even Derek is shocked to discover that Spencer can beat another guy in a fight if he has to.

Imagine season 7 Spencer, with season 12 Spencer's attitude.

——————————

SPENCER
A knock at my apartment door interrupted my reading. It was a rare day off for the BAU team, and I had no issue staying home to re-read one of the many books laying around my apartment. I would have much rather been hanging out with Y/N, my best friend, - and crush - but I knew that she would've been spending her day off with her boyfriend Ryan, which she had every right to to do. I didn't want to be a prick by insisting that we hang out. I might not have completely trusted Ryan, but I just wanted Y/N to be happy.

Standing up, I walked toward my front door, reassuring the person behind it that I'd be there soon. Once I unlocked the front door and opened it, I was surprised to see Y/N standing in front of me, her eyes red, her cheeks puffed and tear-stained.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" I quickly brought her inside, my brain racing with concern.

"I- I'm...pregnant." She said in between sobs. My heart dropped at her news.

Half of me was obviously very happy for her. She would be bringing a new life into the world. She'd be a great mother and I knew she'd look really beautiful while pregnant (those thoughts would never leave my brain).

But the other half of me was devistated. I wished - deep down - that she was telling me this news out of joy and happiness, that I was the father and we were sharing in this happy news together.

Alas, I was not her boyfriend. I was not the man she chose to sleep with. The man she chose to date and sleep with was Ryan. The father of her baby was Ryan.

"Wow! Congratulations, Y/N! This is amazing!" I put on a happy face and engulfed her in a hug, earning a light hug in return. Pulling away, I could still see her sobbing as my arms rested on her shoulders.

"Hold up, why are you sobbing? This is happy news, Y/N. What's wrong?" I immediately recognised that her tears were not tears of joy, rather tears of sadness.

"I told Ryan." She muttered.

"How'd he take it?" I asked, carefully waiting for her response.

"He doesn't believe that the baby is his." Y/N explained, sitting down.

"Whose baby does he think it is?" I furrowed my eyebrows, confused.

"...yours." She finally revealled.

I wish. I thought, trying to find the correct response for her.

"You told him that we've never done anything, right?" I asked.

"Of course. I told him that the only person I've ever slept with is him, but he didn't believe me. He's adamant that I stay back at work late because I'm cheating on him with you, even though I've told him that's not true." Y/N kept sobbing.

"Ryan knows that our job is very demanding, and that a lot of late nights are required, but he still insists that you're the father of my baby." Y/N exhaled.

"I don't understand. I've met him before and told him that you and I are friends - best friends, but nothing more." I told. I watched as Y/N looked down at her phone, her eyes widening.

"Shit, shit, shit! I have to go." She stood up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.

"I forgot that my location is turned on and Ryan can see where I am. I have no doubt that he's on his way right now and if I don't leave, he'll be angrier than Rossi and Hotch when Strauss interferes with the team." Y/N warned.