Never been

SUMMARY:
After a case in Seattle, Spencer discovers that Y/N has never been to Comic-Con.

——————————

The team was heading home from a case in Seattle. The case was a unique one in which the unsub believed that he was the hero of the story 'Empty Planet', and that the book was the prophecy of the future. Spencer and Y/N, both of whom had read the book at one point in their life, were very helpful in trying to identify the motive behind the unsub's bombing attacks.

The unsub - Kenneth Roberts - was apprehended. His last victim, - the author of 'Empty Planet' - Ursula Kent, was shot, but survived.

———

"I'll be right back. Do not cheat." Hotch eyed Spencer as he stood up from his seat on the jet. The moment Hotch was out of view, Spencer immediately lifted half Hotch's cards to peek, earning a chuckle from JJ and Y/N.

"JJ, a lot of science fiction's deeper than you might think. There are some genuine human emotions..." Spencer went to rant, but JJ shook her head.

"...yeah, let me save you the time, Reid. I am never going to Comic-Con with you." JJ exhaled.

"I..." Spencer furrowed his eyebrows, confused.

"Gin." JJ smiled. Spencer's look turned from confused to suspicious.

"What, you don't trust me? Come on." JJ scoffed, watching as Spencer grabbed his and JJ's cards.

"Let's just make sure." Spencer insisted.

"It's fun beating a genius." JJ smirked.

"Genius Dr. Reid let you win." Spencer rolled his eyes, flipping through the cards in his hands.

"Y'know, since I will never go to Comic-Con with you, how about you take Y/N? Comic-Con seems right up her alley." JJ nudged Y/N, who smiled.

"Oh, I...I uh..." Y/N couldn't respond to JJ's suggestion.

"We would only go if you want to. I might want to go, but it's as much about your enjoyment as it is mine." Spencer nodded.

"I don't know if I'd enjoy it. I've, uh...never been." Y/N revealed.

"You've never been to a Comic-Con?" Spencer tilted his head, curious.

"Don't get me wrong, I've wanted to go and hopefully enjoy it, but I've never had a chance. Didn't exactly have the income to go, or live near a possible con location." Y/N shrugged her shoulders.

"Well, if you'd let me...and our schedule allows it, I'd like to take you. Show you how cool Comic-Con can be." Spencer offered.

"Sounds like fun." Y/N nodded.

"Perfect. Luckily for us, there's a con happening next weekend in D.C." Spencer smiled.

"I think we better ask Hotch." Y/N exhaled.

"Ask me what?" Hotch asked as he sat down, eyeing Spencer again.

"Is it okay if Y/N and I take next weekend off? There's a Comic-Con happening in D.C. and Y/N's never been." Spencer asked.

"You can go on two conditions. 1. You get all of your paperwork done before next weekend." Hotch started.

"And number two?" JJ smirked.

"2. Stop cheating when we play any card games." Hotch warned.

"Deal." Spencer agreed.

"Then you can go." Hotch nodded like a father would when giving his son permission to go somewhere.

———

At 10 AM the following Saturday, Y/N adjusted her outfit as she stared at herself in her bedroom mirror. Luckily for her, her hair was already brown and wavy, making styling it easier. Just as she put on her bracelet, she heard a knock at her front door. Her heels clacked against the wooden floor as she made her way over to the door. She smiled at the sight of Spencer behind the door.

"The Fourth Doctor. Of course." Y/N chuckled.

Spencer wore gray slacks with mismatched socks and brown shoes. He sported a brown and gray plaid vest on top of a white shirt with a red ascot. A dark brown coat kept a majority of his torso covered, with a multi-coloured scarf wrapped around his neck. To finish the look, a brown hat sat on top of his slightly curly hair.

"Sara Jane Smith. Nice." He gestured to Y/N's outfit.

Y/N sported light blue slacks with white socks and black ankle-high boots. A blue and brown plaid shirt with frills on the puffed sleeves and collar sat underneath a gray vest with straps and frills edging the bottom. Her hair was slightly curled at the bottom, a fake fringe covering her forehead.

"You once told me that the Fourth Doctor was your favourite, so I decided to match you. I love the scarf, by the way. I'm not surprised that you knitted it yourself." Y/N admired how nice Spencer's scarf looked.

"You don't have a fringe." He noted.

"I know. Thank God clip-on fringes exist." She nodded, quickly unclipping the fringe from her head to show her curious co-worker. Within minutes, the fringe was back on her head, as if it belonged there.

———

Y/N enjoyed the weekend as much as Spencer did. Over a span of 48 hours, they attended a lot of panels, met some celebrities from their favourite shows and bought a lot of memorabilia. Whenever they weren't meeting someone or at a panel, they were talking about fun facts - mainly on Spencer's end about Dr. Who, but Y/N didn't mind.

By Sunday night at 10 PM, Spencer was dropping Y/N off at her home, a huge smile on both their faces.

"This weekend was...amazing, Spencer. I really enjoyed not thinking about work for 48 hours." Y/N laughed as she searched for her keys.

"No worries, Y/N. I'm glad you had a good time." He nodded.

"Just remember that I'm paying next time, alright?" Y/N gave Spencer a hug, which he happily accepted.

"You...want to go to another con...with me?" Spencer's eyes widened.

"Well, it's not like any of our co-workers will go with us. Besides, I had fun going with you. Goodnight, Spencer." Y/N smiled, heading inside her home.

"Night." Spencer replied, walking back to his car with a huge smile on his face.