𝟐

 I WAS SLEEPING PEACEFULLY until the sun shined into my eyes and woke me up. I reached for my phone on the night table and checked the time. It was 11 am, a decent time to wake up. I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom to start my morning routine.

First up, oral hygiene. I brushed my teeth thoroughly and flossed, ensuring my dental health was in check. Next, I used my tongue scraper to freshen up my breath, followed by a swish of mouthwash for an extra refreshing feeling.

After stripping out of my clothes, I started the shower and waited until the water was warm enough to step in. Once the temperature was right, I stepped under the soothing stream, relishing the warmth. I grabbed my Dove bar soap and loofah, lathering up and cleansing my body. After rinsing off, I indulged in my Dove body wash for its softening properties and delightful scent.

Since I exfoliated yesterday, I skipped that step today. After washing everything off, I stepped out of the shower and dried myself off with a towel, making sure to use another towel for my intimate areas. Wrapping my body in a towel, I proceeded to apply lime juice to my armpits using a cotton pad to help combat sweating and odor. A layer of roller deodorant and a spritz of spray deodorant followed.

Next came the moisturizing ritual. I coated my body with cocoa butter lotion and topped it off with Vaseline cocoa butter body oil to ensure my skin stayed hydrated and free from ashiness. With my body taken care of, it was time for skincare.

I cleansed my face with Cerave hydrating cleanser, followed by the I'm From rice toner to gently refresh and tone my skin. A few drops of The Ordinary hyaluronic acid serum were applied and massaged into my skin for added hydration. Cerave daily moisturizing lotion was then used to lock in moisture, and I finished off with Black Girl sunscreen to protect my skin from harmful UV rays. Lastly, I moisturized my lips with Aquaphor.

Stepping out of the bathroom, I pondered over my outfit for the day. Opting for comfort, I decided on an oversized graphic tee paired with black shorts.

Stepping into my furry slides, I made my way downstairs. Craving French toast for breakfast, I decided to whip some up. As I got everything ready, I grabbed a glass from one of the cabinets and poured myself some orange juice. Settling down at the table, I paused to say a prayer of gratitude for the food before digging in.

┉┉┉┉

After finishing my breakfast and washing the dishes, I checked the time. It was 1:30 pm, so I decided to go for a drive around the city since I didn't have much else to do. Heading upstairs, I grabbed my glasses, then my car and house keys before leaving.

In the garage, I unlocked my black Hellcat with purple lights. My dad had bought it for me; you could say I'm the favorite, but duh. Opening the garage gates, I drove outside and closed them behind me. Connecting my playlist to the car's aux, I hit shuffle. Summer Walker's "BP" started playing, and I sang along as I drove.