Chapter 3 - Delivery

POV ☽Catnap☾

Ughh my head hurts so much... what time is it? 8:02 AM, shit I'm late again. I'm not going to hear the end of it from Dogday. "Meoww..." I stretched and got out of bed. I ate breakfast and got in my car to start going to school. I arrived at 8:13 AM a lot earlier than I expected, I started to make my way to my classroom. 'I swear I feel like these hallways get longer every time I'm here.' I thought. As I'm walking to my class I see the doors getting... farther? Am I going insane? I tried to run to the door but it just got farther away, I looked around and saw that all the walls were getting bigger and they were expanding away. Eventually they got so big that they disappeared into darkness, I looked around in this dark black void I was standing in. I started to cough and saw red smoke around the room and filling my lungs.

BRRRRINGG

"MEOW!" I yelled from being startled of what just happened. "Catnap? You good?" Dogday asked as she unpacked her lunch. I stood up and started looking everywhere scared, I then pulled out my phone and typed "Yeah sorry I just hate the bell, you know?" "Haha yeah me too." Dogday laughed as she waited at the doorway for him. 'Holy shit what was that? A nightmare? That shit felt so real... and how could I forget that I was already at school? Jesus I need to get a hold of myself.' I grabbed my bag and walked toward the door, "Hey! Where are you going?" Dogday asked as she stood up. I pulled out my phone and typed "I'm going outside. It feels nicer to eat outdoors."

I turned around and started walking before Dogday shouted "W-Wait for me! I'm coming with!" she fumbled her bag and packed her lunch again before catching back up to Catnap. 'Fucking hell does this dog ever leave me alone?' I gave her an annoyed look and started walking toward the door. We pass by a few students but none of them seemed to notice us, we made it to the door and opened it to see the bright sunny field. 'God this is too bright hmmm... over there seems nice' I thought while looking at a tree in the distance. "Haha, WOHOO!" Dogday laughed and yelled as she played in the grass rolling around, 'What a stupid dog..." I rolled my eyes and started walking toward the tree.

I sat down and sighed in relief, 'Ahh, this feels nice.' I felt the nice breeze hitting my face and the sun warming the surroundings. I sat there and watched Dogday roll around in the grass like a dog, I think the sun was getting brighter because I felt my face getting hotter. Hmmm... whatever. I unpacked my lunch and started eating, Dogday noticed and started walking over to me she then sat down right next to me and started eating. I pulled out my phone and typed "Don't you think your sitting too close?"

I then showed Dogday and she responded "OH. I'M SO SORRY!" while moving away. I mean I find it quite annoying how she keeps sitting next to me but at the same time I felt kind of bad because she would always have this sad expression. I don't get it? She gets told by a lot of people all day because of her work and she never frowns? Such a stupid dog.

'I feel kind of bad now...' I then scooted closer to Dogday so we were back to sitting right next to each other. I could tell Dogday was happy because her tail kept hitting the tree behind us, she also had a big goofy smile. Her smiling made me happy and I started to smile. "WOAH. CATNAP?" Dogday said shocked, I tilted my head in confusion and raised my eyebrow. 'What did I do?'

"YOU... YOUR SMILING!" Dogday said as her tail wagged even faster. I got a little red and quickly covered my mouth. 'Shit, I didn't mean to smile. It just kind of happened.' "Why are you hiding it? Matter of fact... why haven't you smiled at all? I've noticed throughout these past days, you don't smile at all. You always look so tired and annoyed. So why do you hide your smile?" Dogday asked worried. I brought out my phone and typed "I don't like my smile."

"Really? You should smile more, you look... nice." Dogday said whiling smiling. 'I don't know why but... it felt nice to hear that from her.' I shoved her face away and went back to eating with my tired and annoyed face again. After we finished eating we packed our things and we still had a few more minutes so we just sat and took in the view. But then it started to rain so we went back inside quickly before we got soaked.