Chapter 3

The dining room was elegantly decorated, with a long table set for breakfast. Servants bustled about, setting out platters of fresh fruit, pastries, and hot dishes.

 Servants bustled about, setting out platters of fresh fruit, pastries, and hot dishes

Hiro entered the dining room a few moments later, his expression serious. He nodded politely to them and took his seat at the head of the table. He looked tired but determined. Momo could tell that this meeting was weighing heavily on his mind.

He sat down beside his sister, As they waited for the others to arrive, Momo studied her brother's attire. It was similar to hers but with distinct differences. He favored black and grey it made him more elaborate he carried his pyro vision with him. It seemed to radiate an aura of power and authority.

 It seemed to radiate an aura of power and authority

(Hiro's outfit in the picture is not mine)

Hiro and Momo are twins, both 20 years old. Momo was born first, so technically she was the older sibling. They also had a younger brother Matsumoto Yasuhiro who is 18 years old and was more interested in studying and reading books than helping his brother lead the clan.

Nanami was very supportive of her youngest son in taking a different path, he is currently studying at the Sumeru Akademiya as a Haravatat student.

"Good morning Hiro," said Nanami "Good morning Mother, Momo," Hiro replied, bowing his head respectfully.

Hiro looked up as his grandmother and aunt entered the room, his expression softening slightly. He rose from his seat and embraced them both, his dark eyes glistening with unshed tears. Momo noticed that he seemed to be holding himself together with great effort.

Momo and Hiro's grandmother Matsumoto Hiromi who is their father's mother, she was the wife of the late Matsumoto Akira and along with the Twin's Aunt Hojo Chika who is their father's older sister by four years apart, her only child her daughter Hojo Kimi who's 24 years old is also studying at the Sumeru Akademiya as an Amurta student soon to be graduating in a few months after that she plans on staying and live in Sumeru.

 Chika was married to Kimi's father Hojo Seiji who was a guard for the family before he was killed by Rouni's while doing an assignment in Kannazuka when Kimi was only 5 years old.

As they took their seats at the table. The atmosphere was tense, with everyone aware of the gravity of the upcoming meeting. Hiro looked to his mother, who nodded encouragingly. He took a deep breath and addressed the group.

"I want to thank all of you for being here today. We are facing a critical juncture in the history of our two families. The negotiations with Lord Ayato and his clan will undoubtedly be challenging, but I have faith that together, we can find a solution that benefits us all.

Momo and I will do everything in our power to ensure that the interests of the Matsumoto Clan are protected and respected throughout the process."

"In two days the leadership ceremony will be held at the the Grand Narukami Shrine, as I'm ready to be the Matsumoto Clan's leader, Mother your experience and wisdom will be invaluable in guiding me through this process. Aunt Chika your strength and resilience have always been an inspiration to me. O Bāchan (Grandma) your unwavering support means the world to me."

They both said their thanks to him. Hiro paused, taking a sip of tea before continuing.

"For my brother Yasuhiro, his choice to pursue knowledge and study at the Sumeru Akademiya is not a weakness, but a strength. His contributions to the Matsumoto  Clan will be invaluable. We must remember that our family's success does not hinge on the title of Clan Leader but on the strength of our bonds and the wisdom we share."

"My cousin Kimi, soon to be graduating form the Sumeru Akademiya and ready to begin living her life as a researcher, despite her choice to remain in Sumeru she has made our family proud," said Hiro with a smile.

As he turned to his sister "Momo, I couldn't have asked for a better sister and partner in this journey. Your strength and wisdom are unmatched, and I am eternally grateful for your support. Together, we will face whatever challenges come our way and emerge stronger on the other side."

She stood up and hugged her brother.

"Thank you, Hiro," she replied, blushing slightly. "I could not ask for a better brother and partner in this endeavour. Our family's strength lies not in titles or power, but in our bond and our willingness to work together."

As he continued, "Father thank you for your service to the Matsumoto Clan, Your teachings have guided me and my siblings, and I hope that one day I can live up to your expectations."

"To my grandfather" Hiro began, taking a deep breath, "Your presence here today is a testament to the strength of our bond as a family. I know that you and Father are watching over us",

"As for Lord Ayato and the negotiations with the Kamisato clan, I am prepared to face them with an open mind and a strong resolve. We must remember that our strength lies not only in our might but also in our ability to find common ground and work together with other clans. I will do my best to ensure that the interests of the Matsumoto clan are protected, while also seeking mutually beneficial alliances for the betterment of all involved."

Hiro was done making his speech, and everyone at the table nodded in agreement and encouragement.

Chika spoke up, "Hiro, my dear nephew, I know you've always been close to your siblings and your mother, but remember that your father would have wanted you to rely on him as well. He may not be here in the physical sense, but he will always be with you in spirit. You have my full support, and I believe that you will make an excellent leader for our family".

Hiromi was next, "My grandson, you have always been a credit to our family. Your wisdom and compassion are traits that I hope will guide you through this new chapter in your life. Your sister and you have grown into strong, capable leaders, and I have every confidence that you will make the Matsumoto Clan proud."

Lady Nanami was next "You must remember, however, that this is not a journey you must take alone. Your siblings, cousin, aunt, me and your grandmother are all here to support you, and you must rely on one another. The strength of our bonds will be what carries us through the challenges that lie ahead now let us eat"