Pity Party

Body aching, pangs of pain hitting the side of your temples, you had to be done for the day least you pop a blood vessel from everything building on. The chattering sounds from those around you were grating on your ears already. The sun setting for the day would be soothing if it wasn't so bright still. It's prime time for bursts of orange with slivers of yellow. 

Footsteps running towards you a glowing face shoves itself into your view. Making you shout and cover your eyes. The same yellow face from your last match. The last person you'd want to see.

"Dude, I'm having a bit of a sensory overload from the day I've had." You continue past him. "If you're gonna be that bright I can't do it right now. No, nope!" 

Slowly uncovering your eyes once you are sure you are past him you take a good breather in. That twilight air does one good. A soft clank and tinker make its way closer to you, a very soft warm orange coming to your side. Not all as bright as before.

"I'm sorry for that last match." Those same hands sign, slower, softer. "I'm Sunspot, I really just thought you were playing for fun."

Your eyes shift away for a minute but gear back to what Sunspot was saying. It was nice to know what your accidental stalker's name was at least.

"Well, I wasn't." You retort. 

"Do you need help?" Continuing on your way home, you cross your arms. " This whole week you've been dying from small errors. If you focus on those then you can -"

"It's not that easy," You feel something catch in your throat. Breathe, and everything will calm down. "Listen, I have my ways of doing things. I barely know you, I just really want the day to be over. Wait..." You stop in your tracks. "Week? You've been seeing me play for a week?"

Sunspot shrugs in genuine confusion."I don't know the odds just as much as you but I got excited whenever I spotted you!" He pauses for a moment before continuing, "You're funny!"

A heavy chest sigh, you continue your way. That statement could not be worse timed. 

"I wasn't trying to be!" You shout behind your back. Quickly catching up to your line of sight Sunspot signs frantically. 

"Let me help you then!"

"What?!"

"Let me help you! You need a sparring partner to get better right? Improve your reaction times?" He steps back, giving a spin. "I'm literally red and yellow. The biggest target there is."

That is true.

"Why though? You don't know me."

"Like I said before, I thought you looked fun." He pauses a moment. "You still do." 

(444 Word count - Shortest chapter yet! wow magic number. Next chapter is a lil short too but we have a big one coming up!)