Self-Care

Kicking your shoes off the moment you enter the door the familiar scent of home eases your mind. The moment your body hits the couch your muscles lose their tension from the abuse of consistent battles of the day. On the table was your favorite takeout which was purchased on the way back. All you needed was a warm bath to have everything come together.

The natural question being, 'eat now or shower first?'. 

A buzz of your phone brought you out of your thoughts. With a groan, you check the notification -

 [SUNSPOT sent a friend request]

Thoughts of the day replay in your mind as you recognize the name. Heat on your ears growing and legs tingling with urges to flail. There's no way you could be friends after such an encounter with him. No way if you were going to get better. He said so himself, he was a major target being yellow and red. You couldn't just use him as a distraction or an easier target to find instead of you. That was cheap.

However, who were you one to talk? 

Placing your phone in your pocket you grab the bag of take out and head for the bathroom. Deciding that having your dinner and a warm bath wouldn't hurt. Even with the false myth of having to wait at least half an hour before swimming least you get cramps, it wouldn't apply to you. 

As you wait for the bath to fill at your desired temperature you search your kitchen cabinets for a wine glass. You may be no connoisseur when it came to spirits but a glass of wine, despite how well or not it would pair with your meal, was certainly needed. 

Especially with one thought in your mind.

Did you really seem that fun?

Your heart tightened at that question. Your brows scrunch as, what were, fond memories come back when you thought the same thing about yourself. Your group of friends that played day in out, on a weekly basis for fun. At least to a certain point. 

Shaking your head before more feelings can wash over you, you grab the wine of your choice and head for the bathroom. Water filling the bath, bubbles foaming the top, the air filled with your favorite scent and water tinted with your selected bathbomb. 

Grabbing your phone to play some music you're greeted with the still notification from earlier.

[SUNSPOT sent a friend request.]

Hitting accept you uncork the wine bottle taking a sip straight from it first. Feeling the warmth fill your chest and spread to your shoulders. Everything from the day melted away. A foot in that warm water settling in your safety. Your mind slows down as you fill your wine glass, and ground yourself in your environment. 

Slowing down, a soft smile etches itself on your lips. 

Sunpot, thought you were fun.

(476 Word Count )