Assumptions

"I'm sorry!" Sunspot clasped his hands together upon respawning on the main island. 

"I'm starting to question if Peely was the one driving when you guys hit me that one time." You cross your arms as you look up. A playful pensive look on your face. 

"Hold it right there, that was definitely Peely." He quickly defended himself. "I am a rather skilled driver if I do say so myself."

"Those were some sick flips you did." Walking in the direction of a stall selling Agua Fresca the bright green colors and swarm of bees caught your eye. That was how you knew it was gonna be a good drink. 

Sunspot waves his hands over your wallet and shakes his head, stopping you in your tracks. A habit it's starting to seem but you can't blame him with how he needs to sign.

"Let me pay for whatever you want, as an apology for killing you twice now." Quickly taking out his wallet he motions for you to step in front of him. 

Ordering your favorite drink and Sunspot ordering his own the drinks came in opaque white plastic cups. Crushed ice floating on the top, the best ice.

"I would have taken you for a red flavor person." You comment as you sip at your drink. The cold liquid stinging your teeth for just a moment. 

"That's a little assumptuious," He signs with a smile. "Despite my clothes I really like citrus flavors. Green is the way to go in this case." with a sip of his drink he certainly makes it tempting. 

"So lemonade would be on the table?"

"Yes, and I'm assuming you're saying that because I'm yellow. How original." His sarcasm coming through as his hands motions become a bit looser, bouncier even. 

"I thought you didn't like assuming?" Spotting a bench you and Sunspot make way towards as the conversation carries.

"Is it so wrong if you were doing it in the first place and it's right?" Plopping himself on the bench, another good long sip of his drink, has his body stiffen a moment. Holding his head, a star or two appearing just above, it shortly passes. Swirls of confusion in his eyes being blinked away.

"Brain freeze?" You ask. He nods but this does not deter him from continuing to sip away. "If I'm assuming and so are you then that makes us equal."

Shaking his head he replies, "No, it makes me better 'cause I only assume so I can predict your assumptions." Tapping his head with a finger, his foot resting on his knee he rests his case.

"Oh ho! Better then me?" You push his shoulder. "Let me drive next time and I'll show you who's the better driver." Enjoying your drink you close your eyes and lean back into the bench. Letting your body settle.  It felt almost uncomfortable being able to rest in an open space.

The sound of people chattering, foot steps, even the weather felt too present. Too much awareness in the moment, that so much was going on at once. Surely something so peaceful and everyone carrying on with their lives couldn't be carried so freely. Something was bound to happen, something bound to interrupt.

And yet it didn't. There was silence between Sunspot and you as the sound of a drink disappearing from the straw fills the space. 

Opening your eyes to a clear blue sky a deep exhale releases from you. A true exhale that feels like your chest has finally been properly emptied. The inhale that follows so crisp and filling. It felt as you just learned to breathe again. Turning you head to the side your met with Sunspot's face. Nothing in particular on it except maybe curiosity. 

You could assume something more but the two of you were only now getting on a proper footing. Maybe in terms of aesthetics.

"You good?" He signs a soft smile appearing on his face. Now that you could take a moment to look at him a realization begins to form. He was rather aesthetically appealing, his eyes so bright and were those freckles? You would be seeing wrong but amongst the soft glow it could be exactly that. 

Nodding slowly you bring yourself back mentally to answer his question. "I'm doing good."

You pause for a moment before looking back up at the sky. "I think, I'm feeling better than I have in a long time actually..." 

A soft coo fills the air, that of a mourning dove.

"It's been forever since I've heard that." You comment, attempting to spot the bird. "Even weirder to hear it midday."

Sunspot nods, "Maybe he's doing a little exploring." Shifting in his seat to sit in a criss-cross form he continues. "Do you wanna have another battle soon?"

Taking you out of your peace the question contemplates in your mind. The moment was serine as foreign it may feel. Even now as you shift to sit up straight your movements feel dragged. The ridges of your cup clicking against your nails as you drag up and down. To adjust your legs felt impossible as if bricks were strapped to them. 

Despite what your body may be feeling you say, "I can do another match." 

Both pull up their phones to queue up a solo match, pushing away a strand of your hair. 

Discussing where to land before the match begins, since communication would be cut off once you jumped off the battleship, an almost strained smile presents itself on you. Sunspot's taking notice but not bringing up. 

You two were just starting to get to know each other, it wouldn't be kind to assume things were wrong if you didn't bring it up.

Assuming you would bring it up if something was wrong. 

It seemed like everything was going well just now. 

What was that about assumptions?

(965 Word Count)