1. Jihoon

Alright. This is my first time actually writing a fancfic. Feedback is welcome. <3

(PROOFREAD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The calm of our spring washes over us as me, Tae and Mingyu sat by the river under the shade of a tree, books open in our laps, pens strewn between us as we go over our specification for sciences before exams. Currently, I am explaining the biology of respiration to my two best friends. Taehyung and Mingyu were cousins. As seniors in school, this year was our last. At least for me and Taehyung. The Moonwhisp Pack followed a very strict hierarchy according to the ranks of our wolves and unfortunately, us omegas are right at the bottom of the pyramid. Forbidden to be our own individuals and restricted education to only high school level. Higher education was kept for the alphas, and betas. Even deltas received some sort of education and training in defence and security. Omegas had no freedom. All chores are our responsibility, and we were nothing but commodities to our families to sell off for a good deal or to be baby making ovens. I felt my mood be hampered down again as I thought about mine and Tae's crushed dreams of being able to study in our respective interests. I loved biology and nothing would make me happier than to continue it for further studies, but I'm stuck in the most misogynistic and tyrannous pack of all time with a father as the Lead Alpha. Checking my watch, I realised it had gotten too late.

"We need to go. It's already too late Tae. We have to get to our chores as well. Let's go." I said and Mingyu looked up scowling.

The three of us begrudgingly packed our things and headed back to the main pack house.

"I can't believe this is the last year of school for us. I wish we could all go to Uni together." Mingyu complained. Only a sigh escaped me.

"Yeah. But that means us Omegas leave these Godforsaken walls of our territory. Clearly, none of us would want to come back so we're stuck here." Tae huffed with an eye roll.

What he said was true though. The walls surrounding the Moonwhisp Pack's territory were tall and a prison. I still hope that one day we would be able to escape. Perhaps I'll find a mate who will get me out of here. I pray every day to the Moon Goddess that our mates will not be here from the Moonwhisp pack. Or I don't become one of those omegas that disappear from the pack one day. We split up after entering the building. The Main Pack House is a large dark building decorating the middle of the territory where the Lead Alpha's and Co-leading Alpha's family resided and also provided some of the main facilities like a main dining hall and lounges for the rest of the members of the pack to hang out.

"Jihoon" I turned to see Tessa, another omega responsible for waiting on my dad walking towards me with an empty, eaten food tray in hand. Assuming she was coming from the Lead Alpha's office, that didn't bode well for me.

"Lead Alpha had called for you an hour ago." she said, and I felt a chill run down my spine. Yeah, that really didn't bode well for me. He doesn't like waiting. I mumbled a quick thanks before forcing myself to move towards my dad's office. My muscles pulled and I felt the pain from the previous session just a few days ago after he found out that I wanted to study Biology. I hadn't even asked for it. I wouldn't dare. Supressing a whimper from the thought of the last session, I knocked before waiting for permission to come from inside. When it did, I braced myself before entering with my head down.

"Yes, Lead Alpha. You called for me?" I managed to push out. I could feel my omega wanting to submit and run. To curl up into a ball and hope to disappear.

"Where have you been? I called for you an hour ago!" He bellowed and I whimpered as my body trembled against my will.

"I was by the spring with Taehyung and Mingyu, studying for exams Alpha." I keep my gaze down. I was as meek as a meerkat in front of him. Whether I liked it or not, I was a a pawn for him to bargain off for something he values more. My father was a greedy man and has strong misogynistic belief that omegas were the weak and were fit to be nothing but servants, house carers and baby makers. Therefore, higher education was far out of reach for the omegas of this pack.