24. Jihoon

"VICTORY! VICTORY!" Their voices ricocheted off of the walls as we walked into the restaurant as we all piled into their biggest table. Well, a collection of tables put together to seat all thirteen of us that is. Seungkwan, Hansol, Seokmin and Chan walked in arms in arms. Everyone is high on the victory in the court as Seungcheol hyung wanted us to treat us to dinner tonight. I walked in, with Jeonghan and Joshua hyung smiling at their antics. The BooSeokSoon trio as we'd call them were now screaming some victory song.

The ordering process took us half an hour with the waiter having to confirm multiple times but when we finally send him off with an apology for all the trouble, in our own fashion, the conversations shift in multiple different directions. Soonyoung, Wonwoo and Chan get immersed in some conversation about dinosaurs and science. Well to be exact, Chan and Wonwoo. Soonyoung just stares from one to the other with that blanks hamster look. I doubt he has an idea of what they are talking about. I just sit back, eating and drinking my non-alcoholic, carbonated apple and berry concoction. Damn pregnancy. I really would have enjoyed a light wine right now. My attention turns to all the smiles decorating everyone's face and it really made me realise, how much I treasure them. They've come to mean so much to me in such short time.

"What's that smile all about?" Cheol hyung asks from next to me. He too was somewhat off an observer rather than participating in the conversations.

"Just, happy. I've just come to realise how much you guys mean to me now. And it's barely been 6 months since we met."

"Well. You are part of us now. And you mean just as much to us as well. We've all really come to love you and Mingyu as well." We go back to watching the others for a while.

"Hyung?" I speak up.

"Hmmm?" he turns back to me.

"Thank you. For pulling through with this for us. For all the omegas at Moonwhisp as well. You didn't have to, but you took the case right through till the end even though you have so much more on your plate with pack matters." He smiles and he suddenly pulls me into a side hug, his hand patting my back.

"Of course I did. It was the right thing to do." He smiled. Our conversation continues into other topics.

"That's..." Suddenly.

"AAAAAAAAAGGHHHHSJDFIEFEFIEJKNFIUHEPWIF" Seokmin's dolphin vocals make me just as I look over to him to see his pants at his feet. Is feet in the air and he's slapping his shins.

"GET OFFFF OFFF OFFF AAAAAAHH!" he continues to wail. The scene was so funny, that I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

"What is it? Seokminnie!" Jeonghan hyung asks and once he calms down, he turns to us with a haunted look in his eyes.

"A cockroach climbed up my pants." At that, we all burst out.

"So, taking off your pants was the best you could do?" Cheol hyung wipes his eyes as the entire restaurant erupts into laughter. It seems it's finally clicked to him that we are in a public space and his face turns so red, he hides behind Joshua hyung, making us laugh even more, the outline of his form still visible around Joshua hyung's slender one. As I calm down, in the corner of my eye, I notice Seungkwan and Vernon suspiciously looking around in the midst of the chaos Seokmin created and then Seungkwan points out,

"I can see a tomato behind Joshua hyung!" making Seokmin, literally let out a dolphin scream and hen duck under the table, banging his head on the edge of it as he does so, and we all once again laugh at him. In the midst of this, Vernon inconspicuously reaches over into Seungcheol's bowl of Japchae and puts into it a dollop of green sauce which I can only guess to be Wasabi. He places more Japchae on top to cover it all the while Cheol hyung is leaning back clutching his stomach, eyes closed. As he is taking back his chopsticks, Vernon's eyes meet mine and as if he did not just put in a fatal dose of wasabi into his hyung's food he retracts his hands and looks away. I can't help but smile at their cute antics and turn away pretending I didn't see anything. We all knew Seungcheol couldn't eat spice at all. Once we're all calm and Seokmin finally had his pants back up and emerged from his hiding space at out feet, still red in the face and head down. Seungcheol hyung still hadn't touched his food yet, his attention on Hannie hyung next to him and making sure his mate got whatever he wanted from the table. It had been an early start to the day and I'm starting to feel extremely sleepy after having my full. I naturally lean my head on Soonyoung's shoulder. His hand automatically coming up to stroke my head when out of the corner of my eye, I see Seungcheol take up his chopsticks and pick up some of his food from my bowl, a tiny glimpse of green. He'd just picked up the whole dollop of horse radish and I watch as the entire thing gets shoved into his mouth. It doesn't even take a full second and he only has to chew into it once before he's spitting into his bowl of food, gasping and panting, but I doubt it would help considering it would have travelled up his nose by now and he chugs any drink he finds in reach of his hands. But they're carbonated soo... he's doomed. When nothing works, he settles to let out a scream of anguish.

"What happened? Seungcheol?" Jeonghan hyung rubs his back and peeks into the bowl. In his bowl in the green torture substance.

"Choi Seungcheol. Are you mad? Why would you put so much wasabi into your food and in one bite?"

Seungcheol can only reply with blabbering and shaking his head. We all burst into laughter and wanting to stir up some trouble I look Vernon in the eye and say, "Good one Vernon, Seungkwan."

Suddenly, their faces aren't laughing anymore and they're looking at me in absolute horror. Seungcheol's musters up enough composure to send one of the deadliest stares I've ever seen, and I see Seungkwan gulp.

"Aaaah... Yeah. Good one Jeonghan hyung." He nervously laughs it off while I'm left in shock. He'd asked them to do this? When Seungcheol turned to look at Jeonghan, who was still rubbing his back, he just laughed. That had me burst out laughing. He can't even do anything about it. He can't punish Hannie hyung since he's pregnant and his mate. In fact, if he did, Hannie hyung would do something worse as payback. And the kids always listen to Jeonghan so he can't say anything to Kwannie and Hansol either. So, in the end, he's left all alone while suffering. The dinner wrapped up in an atmosphere of excitement and happiness as we all made our way out. Seungcheol hyung trudging after us after paying and requesting an ice cube for his numb tongue. Not that it would help al that much. His nose is probably still on fire.

When we finally made it back to the packhouse and our rooms, it was a quick wash up and tucking ourselves into bed. We didn't even have enough energy to talk as we Soonyoung drifted off first. I lay there thinking about how tomorrow seems like such a change though nothing about the way I'll get through the day doesn't. Eventually I slowly drift off in Soonyoung's arms, finally feeling the day catch up to me.

I don't think I was asleep for long as I wake to darkness with a gnawing feeling in the middle of the night. Not understanding the feeling, I lay there hoping it will go away by itself, but it persists, making going back to sleep practically impossible.

Finally when I couldn't take it anymore and I giveinto my instincts, getting myself out of bed and walking out of the room.