7.Jihoon

I'm back people!

(PROOFREAD)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I awoke from my sleep after Soonyoung's last visit, he was, indeed, nowhere to be seen. The sheets did have the fresh smell of the forest and it comforted my omega, which felt devastated when he wasn't there, and brought on a flood of sadness during my sleep-fogged brain. It's been two days since then and as Jeonghan promised, he'd borrowed my requested books and handed them to me. They now lay on the bedside table. At least they'd filled my time in the last two days. But I hadn't been able to see Soonyoung after his last visit. When Mingyu came to visit me, he told me Dr Seokjin had decided to wait for me to heal enough instead of continuing to administer me high doses of morphine. After all, continuous high doses wouldn't bode well for me or my body. I hadn't asked about or for him much in the last two days, but I felt a sense of emptiness around me at all times. When Jeonghan brought me my books, Tae had come with him and since then, Jeonghan hyung, Tae and Mingyu had visited at the beginning and the end of the day before going back to the main pack house where they were currently residing. And since yesterday, Wonwoo had also accompanied them after he'd been released and took care of the required processes for giving himself a break from his studies after this whole ordeal, understandably. Turns out we were the same age and he was going to write his high school exams next month, but with the kidnapping, and the investigations, he won't be in the right frame of mind to peacefully take his exams. He also needed to spend more time with Mingyu for them to bond. I found a sense of grounding with Wonwoo, who like me was a quiet person and liked to observe from the sidelines rather than be in the eye of the storm.

Currently, Tae and Mingyu were in my room and Mingyu was telling us about what was going on outside this hospital in the pack. His interviews with the authorities had gone well and he told them everything he knew about that night.

"I still can't believe what was happening to the omegas that had gone missing. How many disappeared over the last 10 years?" Mingyu brought up. We had all known about the missing omegas. It was a taboo topic. When an omega went missing, we questioned it between ourselves, but the families had never looked worried, and most were assumed to have left the pack altogether. But in the rare case a missing persons was filed by the omega parent; all we were told was the investigation was on going.

"I hope they get found and are sent to places that help them recover. But this had been going on for years! God knows how this was allowed to happen!" Tae exclaimed.

"Don't worry. We'll get to the bottom of this now with the investigations going on, everything is bound to come out. We'll must cooperate as much as possible. This pack seems to genuinely care." Mingyu patted Tae's shoulder who could only nod.

We sat in comfortable silence for a good five minutes each lost in our own thoughts.

"What's it like with Wonwoo?" Tae asked out of the blue. Curious about this as well, I looked to him as well for his answer. Is it the same as with me and Soonyoung?

"Well. It's great. I'm loving it. This feeling of elation. And he's a really great person as well. We grew close pretty quickly after spending a good amount of time together over the last few days. The first night we met, he was following the stretcher you were being carried in, and we imprinted in the emergency room, but I don't think either of us noticed in our worry until we were in the waiting room during your surgery. Then at that point, we just sat close to each other after the greetings until we were told you were in the clear. He collapsed after that from stress. I stayed with him till he woke up and we spent a lot of time just taking and me comforting him about what happened during his kidnapping." At that, the sound of his voice hid the growl clawing to escape. Of course he was mad. His mate was kidnapped and that was something bad enough to scar you for life, but to be sold and raped? That would have had him and his alpha's blood seething and boiling for bloodshed. "Luckily, we got there before he was touched too much, but yeah. He's still jittery about being touched and all. What about you hyung? How is Soonyoung hyung?"