4. Soonyoung

At my response to his question, his face that was once shrouded in uncertainty and fear faded and a shine in his eyes told me enough to understand he wasn't expecting me to want him. Whether it's because of him being almost raped or because he was conditioned to think he had no worth all his life, I don't know. I'd make sure he knows just how precious he is to this world for the rest of his life. Continuing to stroke his hair with my hand, I leaned down to place a small kiss on his pale forehead.

"Why don't you get some more rest?" I said, pulling back to see his eyebrows furrowed.

"Are you going to go?" he asked in a small voice.

"No, I just want you to get better soon. Once the morphine starts coming down, you'll be in pain from the physical effects caused by the imprinting again. If you're asleep, you'll also heal faster." I continued.

"Is that why I was in so much pain earlier when you walked in? The tingles and the pain combined?" How did he figure that out?

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm not really sleepy. And morphine takes up to 4-6 hours and with a high dose, probably a little longer." He replied. Wow, my mate was smart. "Will you stay for a bit longer and talk with me?"

Well, how could I say no to that? I suppose the report for Seungcheol can wait. He's probably taking care of Hannie hyung as well. I guess I have more time.

"Of course I will." I smiled at him. At that, before I could stop him, he moved towards the edge of the bed and tapped the side with more space now that he's shifted.

"Join me?"

"Don't move so much. You don't want to make it worse." Nonetheless, I complied and layed down next to him. Well, sat, considering the bed was still lifted up.

He let out a giggle and said, "It's not much. I've moved more with worse. Besides I can't feel any pain right now because of the morphine."

"Still." I said as I grabbed his hand and interlocked it with mine, feeling electricity pulse through my arm at the contact. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Anything. Tell me about the pack. Before you came in, Alpha Seungcheol invited all me, Tae and Mingyu to stay. Turns out Wonwoo was Mingyu's mate, so he'll probably want to stay here. Taehyung and I just wanted to escape our pack. And us three were always together so he and I accepted." He said.

"Well. We're now the Dawn Riders Pack, but we actually used to be two different packs. The SVT and Bangtan Packs are old packs. The Bangtan Pack was, is the leading elite in academics and research. Particularly, Biology and biotech. Namjoon hyung was the lead alpha. He got the position through his lineage. His father passed and he inherited the position. He cared for his father and pack, but being a lead alpha wasn't what he wanted to do. He'd much rather be in a lab, experimenting new biotechnology. But without him, there was no one to take after the pack so he reigned as lead alpha. Until one of his betas, Jung Hoseok, met our baby, Chan. They were mates and both are betas, and both had important roles in the top management of their respective packs. On top of that, he's also Jeonghan hyung's baby. He couldn't be away from Channie so during the meeting, Namjoon brought up the idea of merging our packs. He wanted to step down and being neighbouring packs, it wasn't too difficult. We reformed under the name of Dawn Riders." I explained. I looked down to see him listening intently, his other tracing patterns over my one.

"What do you mean Jeonghan hyung's baby? He doesn't look old enough to have had children." He asked, cutely looking at me through his lashes. His question pulled a laugh out of me. Yeah, most people were confused at this when they hear it.